Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Issue: Unzipping file containing files/folders with a similar name Post 302771788 by Corona688 on Thursday 21st of February 2013 01:31:35 PM
Old 02-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by muay_tb
Is there a program I can install on Windows which will get me past this? SmilieSmilie
Windows file and folder names are case-insensitive.

There is no program to install to fix this fundamental operating system limitation.

You might be able to extract only one, or the other, as DGPickett suggests.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing file names and then grouping similar files

Hello Friends, I have .tar files which exists under different directories after the below code is run: find . -name "*" -type f -print | grep .tar > tmp.txt cat tmp.txt ./dir1/subdir1/subdir2/database-db1_28112009.tar ./dir2/subdir3/database-db2_28112009.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

3. AIX

unzipping _client.cpio.gz issue

Hi, FYI I've this AIX6.1 machine that I'm telnet to using Putty. I have this oracle client file which is 1G+ that took me several hours to transfer. I was trying to unzip 10gr2_aix5l64_client.cpio.gz. # gunzip 10gr2_aix5l64_client.cpio.gz /usr/app/oracle gunzip: /usr/app/oracle is a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing mailbox folder list (identify similar folders)

List sample: user/xxx/Archives/2010 user/xxx/BLARG user/xxx/BlArG user/xxx/Burton user/xxx/DAY user/yyy/Trainees/Nutrition interns user/yyy/Trainees/Primary Care user/yyy/Trainees/Psychiatric NP interns user/yyy/Trainees/Psychiatric residents user/yyy/Trainees/Psychology... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first)

Hi Howto view gzipped files with name file.gz.$DATE on a Solaris box (without unzipping first) $ ls -lrt total 4477 -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 569745 Apr 4 19:45 4_person2profileCon.txt.gz.04.04.11* -rwxrwxr-x 1 oracle dba 3783 Apr 4 19:45... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a text file from a group of zip files without unzipping

HI , There are more than 100 zip files in a directory and i wanted to see if there is a max1157.txt file in any of the zip files without actually unzipping them. Could you please help. Thanks in Advance. Karthik. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk0508
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzipping a file which has multiple folders and each folder has the files with same name in it

Hi, I have a zipped file a.zip. This has got multiple folders in it say x and y. x contains a.txt and y contains a.txt. Is it possible to unzip this file and have the 2 files extracted and rename them to unique names. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from various folders to similar folder structure in another location

Hi, I need to write a script the has to copy the files from folders and subfolders to the same folder structure located in another location. Ex: mainfolder1 file1,file2,file3 subfolder1(file1,etc) subfolder2(file1,etc) to another folder location of same folder structure. rsync is not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji Perumal
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files in UNIX and create a new file similar to equi join

I have 2 files namely branch.txt file & RXD.txt file as below Ex:Branch.txt ========================= B1,Branchname1,city,country B2,Branchname2,city,country B3,Branchname3,city,country B4,Branchname4,city,country B5,Branchname5,city,country RXD file : will... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satece
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
bsnes-purify(6) 						   Games Manual 						   bsnes-purify(6)

NAME
bsnes-purify - Tool for preparing ROMs for usage with bsnes SYNOPSIS
bsnes-purify scan source-dir output-file bsnes-purify output source-dir target-dir DESCRIPTION
bsnes can not open all ROMs. For example SNES ROMs have to be without copier headers and with the filename extension .sfc. Recent versions of bsnes support games to be arranged in cartridge folders (see below). bsnes 0.089 and later will only support cartridge folders. bsnes-purify searches a directory for ROMs and performs an action on them. It also finds ROMs contained in .zip files. bsnes-purify scan writes a list of the found ROMs together with their SHA256 checksums and sizes to a file. bsnes-purify output creates for each found ROM a cartridge folder with the files program.rom and and manifest.xml in the target directory. If the original ROM was a headered SNES ROM, program.rom will be the same, but without the header. CARDRIDGE FOLDERS
Cartridge folders are intendended to contain all data belonging to a game. The name of a cartridge folder has to end with one of the file- name extensions sfc, fc, gb, gbb, gbc or gba, depending on the system the game is for. The user has to make sure that the following files exist program.rom the game ROM manifest.xml Additional data about the cartridge, generated by bsnes-purify. Sometimes bsnes-purify can't guess all the information for this file and it has to be edited manually. dsp1.rom, dsp1b.rom, dsp2.rom, dsp3.rom, dsp4.rom, st010.rom, st011.rom, st018.rom or cx4.rom Some SNES games have pre-programmed coprocessors (DSPs) built into their cartridges. For these games, the required DSP programs also need to be in the cartridge folders. bsnes itself also writes files to cartridge folders, for example the data that would be saved to RAM in real cartridges to save progress, or bsnes specific save states. For further details, please ask at http://board.byuu.org/. SEE ALSO
bsnes(6) MAN PAGE AUTHOR
Tobias Hansen May 11, 2012 bsnes-purify(6)