Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: division by zero attempted Post 302771780 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 21st of February 2013 01:15:56 PM
Old 02-21-2013
If you omit some w's you don't need access to the processes ARGV memory.
Code:
ps auxw ...
ps aux ...

And it will become faster.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=23) fatal: division by zero attempted"

Hi , I have file : after i run this command : there are error can we print blank line if output error ?? thanks.. ^^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Division and modulus

I need to read the file divide 3 column with 2nd and run a modulus of 10 and check whether the remainder is zero or not if not print the entire line. cat filename | awk '{ if ($3 / $2 % 10 != 0) print $0}' Whats wrong with it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk error message: division by zero attempted

Hi, I'm executing unixbench tool v4.1 on an embedded system and I'm getting these error messages: Execl Throughput 1 2 3awk: /unixbench/unixbench-4.1.0/pgms/loops.awk:38: (FILENAME=- FNR=4) fatal: division by zero attempted Pipe Throughput 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10awk:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogelio
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk: division by zero

I received error "awk: division by zero" while executing the following statement. SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M echo 8 | awk 'END {printf ("%d\n",NR/$1 + 0.5);}' file1.lst awk: division by zero Can someone provide solution? Thanks Please use code... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar77
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk division error - 0

input 0 0 9820373 2069 0 0 11485482 awk '{print ($1/$3) / ($4/$7)}' input error Is there any way to fix this problem ? (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables division with awk

hello i try to divide 2 variables in order to get a percentage--that's why i'm not interested in integer division--but nothing seems to work I think awk is suitable for this but i'm not quite sure how to use it.. any ideas? here's what I want to do: percentage = varA/varB thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vlm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk fatal:division by zero attempted bypass with a condtion

Hi Friends, My input chr1 100 200 1234E-02 0.01 0.05 10 chr1 100 200 14E-11 0.11 0.50 1 chr1 100 200 134E-22 0.00 0.65 111 My command awk '{print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$13}' input | awk '{v=($5/$6); print $0"\t"v}' OFS="\t" | awk '{$8=(log($8)/log(2)); print $0}'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Division By Zero Bypass

Hi Friends, I don't understand why "a" is always being printed as zero, when I execute the following command. awk '{if($6||$8||$10||$12==0)a=b=c=d=0;else (a=$5/$6);(b=$7/$8);(c=$9/$10);(d=$11/$12); {print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Division by zero attempted error during linear conversion of values between 0.25 to 1

I want to implement the below formula with awk oneliner new_value = ((old_value - old_min) / (old_max - old_min) ) * (new_max - new_min) + new_min I want to pass the value of old_min and old_min as variable. Here is what I did for this old_min=$(awk 'BEGIN{a=100000000000}{if ($10<0+a) a=$10}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Fatal division by zero attempted

Hello. I'm writing an awk script that looks at a .csv file and calculates the weighted grade based on the scores and categories in the file. I keep getting a fatal division by zero attempted error and I know what it means but I've been looking over the code for awhile and am not sure what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)