Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Working with grep and Bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Working with grep and Bash Post 302771209 by RudiC on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 03:22:03 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Oh, this is homework? Then pls follow the forum rules; #6.
And, yes, it is possible, although not effeicient.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

grep -r isn't working

Hi, I was trying to use this particular option of grep grep -r 'Search_pattern' * This command should ideally search all the occurrences of Search_pattern recursively within a directory & print it on shell prompt. But this command is not doing what is expected. It just displays nothin! ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep not working

This condition is not able to grep , can any one tell what's wrong with this part. I am able to see from unix command but not with host script. echo "Checking for Loader Status " >> $REPFILE if test $? = 0 then echo "Successful termination of SQL*Loader "$LOADER1 >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

Why Bash is not working in HP-UX ?

Why Bash is not working in HP-UX ? What is similiar exe which is in HP_UX as Bash? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep not working ????

Hi, I've prob in doing grep. I want to grep line staring with number 531250 in the 1st column from a file (example in picture attached below) using command grep -w "531250" file my ideal result should be 531250 1 21 42.1 100 1e-05 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: masterpiece
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with bash and date

Hello all, I'm trying to substract 1 minute from the current date and take the hour and minute (for filename purpose). 1) If I want hour an minute from current time I can use: timetmp=$(date +"%H:%M") 2) To substract 1 minute from current time I can use: timetmp=$(date --date "$dte -1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep -f not working

Hello, I'm going crazy about this. I'm using grep to filter some values as in pas -ef | grep asterisk. When I use the same with -f somefile something weird happens, if somefile is created with vi it'll work, if somefile is created with vi but values are pasted from an Excell file it will not work.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seveman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for word not working

Hi All..I need a help i am trying to find a word using below script whereas the word exists in my file nitin.txt as a directory but still i am getting "word not found" output..Your suggestions welcomed.: #to check for existence of nitin #!/bin/bash cd /apps/uat1/deploy/app ls -lrt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynitin
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash - CLI - grep - Passing result to grep through pipe

Hello. I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name are exactly 2 characters long and not more than 2 characters and begin with "nv" lsmod | (e)grep '^nv???????????? I want to get all modules which are loaded and which name begin with "nv" and are 2 to 7 characters long ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep not working on mac

Hi all, I got a new mac and can't get grep, awk etc to work. I tried the following command: grep DICER test.txt output: AGOER text.txt looks like this: DICER DICER AGOWhat is wrong? Please use code tags (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palgrave
23 Replies

10. Programming

Best way to get a bash script working in C

Ahoy friends. Currently i got a bash script running to manage my minecraft servers. All of them are stored in /home/minecraft_servers directory. Using my script im able to start a server (e.g. ./minecraft start ftb_continuum) because server name and server name are the same.(e.g.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Knogle
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD