Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Shell script not working in crontab Post 302770358 by vbe on Friday 15th of February 2013 10:56:55 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Did you look in your cron logs?
What is the expect doing here? Does that work with cron?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working when put in crontab

Hi there, this is part of my script: /usr/bin/cd /u01/oradata /usr/bin/cp `/bin/ls -1 . |grep -v "^DIMStemp01.dbf$" | grep -v "^DIMSts01.dbf$"|grep -v "^DIMStects01.dbf$"` /backup It's working fine when I manually run on telnet session. /bin/ls -1 . -- to list all the files inside... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script Not working with Crontab

I have the following expect script sitting on a Linux box. === #!/usr/bin/expect -f # # backup.expect # # Expect script to backup a firewall via a SSH session # # set firewall set username set password set prompt set filename match_max 50000 spawn ssh -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alagondar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops working when using crontab

I have made a shell script(/bin/sh) that starts a perl script (that I haven't made my self) that's starts a ssh session. The ssh session uses a private/public key to login so no password is needed. The Perl script works perfect. But when I put it in a cronjob (crontab) the ssh connection asks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splinter_cell
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in crontab

Hi I have created a script. Which i have configured in cron to make it run in every 2 min. But script is not running. If I checl the cron log at /var/cron/log .it shows its running in every 2 min. Below is the command which i configured in crontab. But I am not able to find the way so that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Crontab not launching script

Hi all, i have the following script #!/bin/sh for i in `ps -leaf --cols 1024 | grep LogUser | grep -v grep | awk '{print $4}'`; do echo $i kill -15 $i; done; but it seems that the crontab its sciping this script,i configured corntab as following */30 * * * root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple script not working- for loop

Hi all, Please guide me writing this script Follwing is the file which I have created, which contains the files to be copied. cat system1-dr.txt /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/group /etc/vfstab /etc/profile /etc/default/init /etc/shells /etc/dfs/dfstab /etc/dfs/sharetab... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script is not longer working in the crontab

This is the crontab it is supossed to be running everyday but it didnt 5 0 * * * /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 Inside the above script connects to a database and extract data to a flat file, manually i run the script at about 2 a.m. and Works OK,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Script not working if crontab scheduled

Hi all, I'm working to a script with /bin/bash shebang. The script works perfectly if I run from command line. The script runs under a non root user and inside the commands are set with sudo command in a such a way they can be run under root, for example (first rows of the script):... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash12345
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ash1234
1 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD