Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is the foreign address?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What is the foreign address? Post 302769724 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 07:48:16 AM
Old 02-13-2013
What do you get with
Code:
telnet localhost 9100

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreign characters in bash

Hello, I'm trying to type in foreign characters (á, é, í, ñ...) from the bash when doing a Telnet to my UNIX account. So far it only allows me to type in the standard character set (up to ASCII 128). I need this to feed parameters to certains scripts and programs. Thanks! Miguel (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: czerny
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

foreign characters

I have a flat file and have foreign characters in three fields. Can somebody tell me how to get rid of these special characters? It's very urgent because without this my process is failing. Thanks in advance. Angielina (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angelina
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreign characters

I have a flat file and have foreign characters in three fields. Can somebody tell me how to get rid of these special characters? It's very urgent because without this my process is failing. Thanks in advance. Angielina (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

foreign characters in flat file

Hey, Is there anyway I anks, Pocha (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression foreign language

Hello all, I read somewher that regular expressions work with ASCII table so when i type grep "*" file_name it uses values from ACII dec97(a) to dec122(z), right ? But if I have file containing diacritics, lets say (ordinary Slovak language characters): marek@cepi:~$ cat diakritika ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
9 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

login consol to foreign ip

every time, root (or any other user) logs into the system (Suse 9.3 Linux mail server) a connection to a foreign ip (96.124.236.183) shows up. It shows up even when I plug out the network cable and then restart the system. I don't know if this is a security hole and how to find out more about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SimonSalman
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Connection closed by foreign host

I am trying to connect to my HP server from remote machine. It gets connected but once credential are provided the connection is closed. adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 32 ] telnet myserv1 Trying... Connected to myserv1. Escape character is '^]'. Local flow control on Telnet TERMINAL-SPEED... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Day of the week or Month in a foreign language

Hey guys, i'm a very new shell script user. I've been looking everywhere for a proper script to display the day of the week or the month, accurately, in a foreign language of my choosing. Something where i can just type in the appropriate word in a foreign language in the script and get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibizagreg
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Continual knocking on port 443 from foreign IP address

Hello, I have a server in our DMZ that only has ports 80 and 443 open to the public networks. It runs webmail for our 10K employees' accounts. It's not necessary for our employees to access the server from anywhere except North America so I have blocked access from most of the world due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomxs
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

netstat local and foreign address relationship.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the relationship between local and foreign address in the output of netstat -an. Output 1 ---------- 162.103.162.37.50224 162.103.162.35.9511 49640 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED 162.103.162.37.50263 162.103.162.35.9512 49640 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)