Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab running bi-weekly
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab running bi-weekly Post 302769306 by kananavani on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 12:40:22 AM
Old 02-12-2013
What about every other week cronjob settings

I give start date to enddate like 21st January to 21st February on Every two week so How can I do that.
I had already done R&D for that but not succeed Please help me.

I tried out for Every other tuesday in following way but not success

10 11 18-28 1-2 2/2 script.sh

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab is not running!!!

Hi experts, need your helpo. after editing the crontab while saving the file it says- "/tmp/crontabRlaauT" 1 line, 77 characters cron may not be running - call your system administrator And i checked after certain time. script in cron is not running. I got a mail in user saying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thepurple
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQLPLUS Script in CRONTAB

Hi, Can someone please help me here with this one. This is my script: # more tosh.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh clear . /home/oracle/.profile echo "Good morning, world." export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1 export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin export ORACLE_SID=xxxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running a script

Hi, I posted this in the Solaris forum but I think this one would be more appropriate. I created a script starting with the following lines: #!/usr/bin/ksh flag=n export flag typeset -i quant=0 (...) When running it I'm getting the following 2 errors: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue while running from crontab

Hi All, Here is my command which I've scheduled to be run from crontab, but it's giving error message: rah: rahhost executable needed but not in PATH My cmd is- 36 10 * * * /opt/IBM/dwe/db2/V9.5/bin/rah "df -m" >> /db2home/bculinux/Files/log/db.out 2>&1 Though I've added path... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Particular script not running through crontab

Hi, I have created the below script, set -x # Set the Path of Environment file ENV_FILE_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/bin LOG_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/log export ENV_FILE_DIR export LOG_DIR # Set Audit Environment . ${ENV_FILE_DIR}/QDM.env... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Please help why my Crontab is not running on time?

I have set up my cron job on the solaris SunOS 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2 but it is not running on time as expected. Would you please help me to find out what I did wrong? I want to have this cron job run once every month on the 1st Wednesday of the month, but it ran... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggcc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not running script

Hi All, I am having the below script to be run from crontab, it it doesnt run. 1 * * * * /home/cobr_ext/test.sh > /home/cobr_ext/temp.txt when i run i manally it runs without any issues. Could please help me as to why doesnt it run the script.:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Crontab is not loading/running

hi, i have crontab where i have put my db backup scripts but crontab do not run at specific time. i have checkted the scripts andwhen run the script as ./mydbbkp.sh so it successfully run and do the job but from cron it is not running whihcmeans cron is not running. i have an oracle user under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: janakors
3 Replies
STRPTIME(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       STRPTIME(3)

NAME
strptime -- converts a character string to a time value LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> char * strptime(const char * restrict buf, const char * restrict format, struct tm * restrict tm); DESCRIPTION
The strptime() function converts the character string pointed to by buf to values which are stored in the tm structure pointed to by tm, using the format specified by format. The format string consists of zero or more conversion specifications, whitespace characters as defined by isspace(), and ordinary characters. All ordinary characters in format are compared directly against the corresponding characters in buf; comparisons which fail will cause strptime() to fail. Whitespace characters in format match any number of whitespace characters in buf, including none. A conversion specification consists of a percent sign '%' followed by one or two conversion characters which specify the replacement required. There must be white-space or other non-alphanumeric characters between any two conversion specifications. Conversion of alphanumeric strings (such as month and weekday names) is done without regard to case. Conversion specifications which cannot be matched will cause strptime() to fail. The LC_TIME category defines the locale values for the conversion specifications. The following conversion specifications are supported: %a the day of week, using the locale's weekday names; either the abbreviated or full name may be specified. %A the same as %a. %b the month, using the locale's month names; either the abbreviated or full name may be specified. %B the same as %b. %c the date and time, using the locale's date and time format. %C the century number [0,99]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. This conversion should be used in conjunction with the %y conversion. %d the day of month [1,31]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %D the date as %m/%d/%y. %e the same as %d. %F the date as %Y-%m-%d (the ISO 8601 date format). %g the year corresponding to the ISO week number, without the century. (A NetBSD extension.) %G the year corresponding to the ISO week number, with the century. (A NetBSD extension.) %h the same as %b. %H the hour (24-hour clock) [0,23]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %I the hour (12-hour clock) [1,12]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %j the day number of the year [1,366]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %k the same as %H. %l the same as %I. %m the month number [1,12]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %M the minute [0,59]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %n any white-space, including none. %p the locale's equivalent of a.m. or p.m. %r the time (12-hour clock) with %p, using the locale's time format. %R the time as %H:%M. %S the seconds [0,61]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %s the number of seconds since the Epoch, UTC (see mktime(3)). (A NetBSD extension.) %t any white-space, including none. %T the time as %H:%M:%S. %u the day of the week as a decimal number, where Monday = 1. (A NetBSD extension.) %U the week number of the year (Sunday as the first day of the week) as a decimal number [0,53]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. All days in a year preceding the first Sunday are considered to be in week 0. %V the ISO 8601:1988 week number as a decimal number. If the week (starting on Monday) that contains January 1 has more than three days in the new year, then it is considered the first week of the year. If it has fewer than four days in the new year, then it is consid- ered the last week of the previous year. Weeks are numbered from 1 to 53. (A NetBSD extension.) %w the weekday as a decimal number [0,6], with 0 representing Sunday; leading zeros are permitted but not required. %W the week number of the year (Monday as the first day of the week) as a decimal number [0,53]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. All days in a year preceding the first Monday are considered to be in week 0. %x the date, using the locale's date format. %X the time, using the locale's time format. %y the year within the 20th century [69,99] or the 21st century [0,68]; leading zeros are permitted but not required. If specified in conjunction with %C, specifies the year [0,99] within that century. %Y the year, including the century (i.e., 1996). %z an ISO 8601 or RFC-2822 timezone specification. This is one of the following: the offset from Coordinated Universal Time ('UTC') spec- ified as: ``[+-]hhmm'', ``[+-]hh:mm'', or ``[+-]hh''; 'UTC' specified as: ``GMT'' ('Greenwich Mean Time'), ``UT'' ('Universal Time'), or ``Z'' ('Zulu Time'); a three character US timezone specified as: ``EDT'', ``EST'', ``CDT'', ``CST'', ``MDT'', ``MST'', ``PDT'', or ``PST'', with the first letter standing for 'Eastern' (``E''), 'Central' (``C''), 'Mountain' (``M'') or 'Pacific' (``P''), and the sec- ond letter standing for 'Daylight' (``D'' or summer) time or 'Standard' (``S'') time; a single letter military timezone specified as: ``A'' through ``I'' and ``K'' through ``Y''. (A NetBSD extension.) %Z timezone name or no characters when time zone information is unavailable. (A NetBSD extension.) %% matches a literal `%'. No argument is converted. Modified conversion specifications For compatibility, certain conversion specifications can be modified by the E and O modifier characters to indicate that an alternative for- mat or specification should be used rather than the one normally used by the unmodified conversion specification. As there are currently neither alternative formats nor specifications supported by the system, the behavior will be as if the unmodified conversion specification were used. Case is ignored when matching string items in buf, such as month and weekday names. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the strptime() function returns a pointer to the character following the last character parsed. Otherwise, a NULL pointer is returned. SEE ALSO
ctime(3), isspace(3), localtime(3), strftime(3), tm(3) STANDARDS
The strptime() function conforms to X/Open Portability Guide Issue 4 (``XPG4''). BUGS
The %Z format specifier only accepts timezone abbreviations of the local timezone, or the value ``GMT''. This limitation is caused by the ambiguity of overloaded timezone abbreviations, for example EST is both Eastern Standard Time and Eastern Australia Summer Time. BSD
April 12, 2011 BSD