Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading/Viewing an Unicode file Post 302769295 by jim mcnamara on Monday 11th of February 2013 09:03:57 PM
Old 02-11-2013
Code:
locale -a

lists all your available locales.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing are .tar.gz file

I have a dilema. We have a .tar.gz file that is 2.2 GB. I can't xfer to another machine with ftp, because ftp chokes on the 2 gb size. We can't uncompress the tarball either because it will blow any filesystem we have on this Sun box. Is there a way to view or even extract certain files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Viewing the cron file

Hi All, I am trying to look into the crontab file present in /var/spool/cron/crontab. A file with the name of the superuser name is present there with the -r-------- permission. Even I am logged in using the same superuser id. But while am trying to cat that, its prompting permission denied. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep and UNICODE (utf-16) file

I'm using shell scripting in Applescript. When searching a file with the ANSEL character set (for GEDCOM files) using (grep '1 CHAR ANSEL' filepath) gives the expected result. When searching a UNICODE formatted file (utf-16), searching for text known to exist in the file using (grep '1 CHAR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiterock
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Unicode Character in File

I have a very large file in Unix that I would like to search for all instances of the unicode character 0x17. I need to remove these characters because the character is causing my SAX Parser to throw an exception. Does anyone know how to find a unicode character in a file? Thank you for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azelinsk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement in unicode file

Hi there, I have a file generated by a windows registry (it's unicode) and can't get to do some replacements on it. I want to join lines that end with backslash with the next one. santiago@ks354286:~$ cat win.reg ÿþWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing a large file

Sometime I have to deal with very large log files and I cannot view them for analysis using more or vi. The attempts to open the files error out saying there is not enough memory. Is there any tool or method with which I can go through huge files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcchume
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unicode file validation

I don't want HTML_CONTENT,RICH_CONTENT,TEXT_CONTENT columns data in the file and reset of data we need to extract. Find the attached file. Need to extract date in between DI_UX_ROW_END tag. Can help me using unix command using AWK. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing XLSB file in Unix

Hello, Does anyone know how to view an XLSB file in unix? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narachaid
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)