Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris latest
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris latest Post 302769018 by fpmurphy on Monday 11th of February 2013 04:39:43 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Is there a specific reason why you want to use tcsh? Most system administrators have long moved on from using csh or tcsh.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

what is the latest release of Solaris 9?

I have 8/03 here, i thought i had a newer one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Solaris

"NO HARD Disks found" while installing Solaris 10 (latest-6/06) on Poweredge 2950.

We get the error "NO HARD Disks found" while installing Solaris 10 (latest-6/06) on Poweredge 2950. We found that the LSISAS1068 driver is needed for this. But the provision is given only to install the driver using the floppy (in downloads site). But we dont have a floppy drive in our system... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
12 Replies

3. Solaris

Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision doc?

Dear All, I am going to examine SA202 but I got SA-202-S10 revision A.1 so it might be out of date. Who has "Solaris 10 Advanced System Administration(SA-202-S10)" latest revision document? Could you share it ? Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the latest file

Hi Experts Team, I wish to store the latest file name of partcular pattern in the remote server in a variable. i tried this LATEST_FILE=`ssh ${USER_ID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} 'ls -t ${SOURCE_DIRECTORY}/${SOURCE_FILEPATTERN}'` but its nt working..pls guide me.. Regards, Kanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i know the latest update packages i have installed on solaris 9 ???

i want to know the update packages that i have installed on my solaris 9 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MONMON
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Roll back latest Solaris Patches

Is there an easy way to roll back or uninstall the latest Solaris patch cluster? I'm hoping I don't have to go into each patch that was applied and uninstall them one-by-one. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Latest files

Hai I wolud like to know how to get the latest files. ex: file_ssss_00 file_ssss_01 i need to get file_ssss_01 files only. (in Unix script) Please give some idea ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju4u
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris latest CPU patch graphics/gui issue

We just installed the latest Oracle Solaris 10 Sparc 64-Bit CPU patch (10/2012) and we are no longer able to access the GUI or the console after the OBP. We believe that this is a graphics issue. It has affected out t2000 xvr-200 graphics server and also out v440 xvr-100 graphics server. We are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: topper24501
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 SRU latest version

Hi During a host review session I was told to check if the engineers have been updating Solaris 11 OS regularly by verifying the SRU version of the system. However i was having no luck in finding the latest SRU version number in oracle website for hours. I wonder did anyone here know where i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaze
4 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)