Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK Looping. How can I get expected result? Post 302769013 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 11th of February 2013 05:06:18 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Sir I think I am doing something wrong here, as I do program most of time in assembly language, like that I tried to clear x and y after the end of internal loop...but its resulting something else, I really have no idea that whats wrong here...same logic is working in FORTRAN with do loop and label for repetition.

---------- Post updated at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:26 AM ----------

I didn't get it sir..if you have time...please help me in modifying it.

---------- Post updated at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 04:45 AM ----------

You might have remember I had posted this before also..
Code:
do 20 i=1,217      
        x=0
        y=0
        do 21 j=1,2440
        if(column2_1(j).ge.column1_1(i)-0.1.and.column2_1(j).le.column1_1(i)+0.1)then
        if(column1_1(i).ge.column1_2(j))then
        x=x+1
        endif        
        if(column1_1(i).le.column1_2(j))then
        y=y+1
        endif
        endif
 21     continue      
        if(x.ge.1.and.y.ge.1)then
        write(13,'(a70)')dat(i)
        endif       
 20     continue 
    stop
    end

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping in awk

Can somebody give me a cleaner way of writing the following script. I was thinking that I could use a loop in the awk statement. It works fine the way it is but I just want the script to be cleaner. #!/usr/bin/sh for r in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 do DAY=`gdate --date="${r} days ago" +%m\/%d\/%y`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with AWK looping

I'm trying to parse a configuration text file using awk. The following is a sample from the file I'm searching. I can retrieve the formula and recipe names easily but now I want to take it one step farther. In addition to the formula name, I would like to also get the value of the attribute... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2awk
6 Replies

4. Programming

Test program not giving expected result

I have five classes. 2 composition classes,1 aggregation class and 1 dependency class.I have coded all the classes but one of my test program is not giving me the expected result.I have the following classes: TimeStamp Interval (composition of 2 TimeStamps) TimeSheet ( aggregation of many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping in awk

How do I remove last comma? echo "xx yy zz" | awk 'BEGIN{FS=" "}{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) printf "%s,", $i}'output: xx,yy,zz, required output: xx,yy,zz or (ideally!): xx, yy & zz many thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Result of Catching Return Value from Sub_script.sh to Main_script.sh is not as Expected

Main_script.sh #! /bin/sh ./Sub_script.sh rc=$? echo "Return code from Sub_script.sh : $rc" if ; then echo "$rc = 991" echo "" exit 1 elif ; then echo "$rc = 992" echo "" exit 1 elif ; then echo "$rc = 0" echo "" exit 1 fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duddukuri
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on looping using awk

I have the data like this: PONUMBER,SUPPLIER,LINEITEM,SPLITLINE,LINEAMOUNT,CURRENCY IR5555,Supplier1,1,1,83.1,USD IR5555,Supplier1,1,3,40.4,USD IR5555,Supplier1,1,6,54.1,USD IR5555,Supplier1,1,8,75.1,USD IR5556,Supplier2,1,1,41.1,USD IR5556,Supplier2,1,3,43.1,USD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreybsu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variable to output gives error with expected result

Hello, I am trying to print out the first string matching query with grep and I need your help. My scenario: Database John F 4433 Street No 88 CA Elisabeth Taylor 7733 Street No 26 ON Jack Nicholson 0133 Green Park No 34 AR John F 2 9399 Southpark No 02D UT test.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting expected result

Hi Experts, I have written the below script but its not working as per expectation. My requirement is if this condition ] is satisfied then only check for this condition ] if this also satisfied check for the condition ]. vi p_values.ksh path="/db/ora/files" mode=1 b_days=10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to file result not as expected

Hi Gurus, I run command grep ABC file1 > file2 against below file. I got all ABC_xxx in one line in file2. I expect to get multiple lines in file2. If I print result in screen, the result is expected. thanks in advance My os is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ABC_123 XXXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
2 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)