Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List Files Based On Time & Date Post 302768870 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 10th of February 2013 06:38:14 AM
Old 02-10-2013
First off you can do whatever you need. Your question is not clear.
What is says to me:
find files that are five minutes old
find files from yesterday that are exactly 24:05 minutes old.

There are problems with exact file times. Filetimes are to the second. Plus, five minutes ago is relative to when you actually run the command.

It is 0430 local time. So five minutes ago is 0425. That means we are looking for files greater than equal to five minutes ago and less than six minutes ago:
Code:
touch -t 201302100424.59 dummy1   # five minutes + one second old 
touch -t 201302100426.00 dummy2    # six minutes old
find /path/to/files -type f \( -newer dummy1 -a ! -newer dummy2 \) -exec ls -l {} \;

Try that

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created between specific date and time

Hi I need to write a script to list files in a directory created within specific date and time for eg list files created between Apr 25 2007 11:00 to Apr 26 2007 18:00. and then i have to count them Any suggestions pls ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazjit
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i collect date and time for list of files in a directory

How do i collect date and time for list of files in a directory using AWK Command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files with date and time stamps only

Hi there, I'm using terminal on mac and using the ls -l command to list all the files in a directory. However, I only want to display the date and time stamp of each file rather than permissions, owner, group etc... Is this possible? Many thanks in advance Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to list files with path & date in a folder

Hi, I need command to display files with full path and date of files where are generated at every 5hrs in a folder. eg: /u01/app/test/orjthsd_1_1 Sun May 10 19:03:26 2009 /u01/app/test/weoiusd_1_1 Sun May 10 21:00:26 2009 thanks saha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
3 Replies

5. Linux

rename files in a folder with date&time stamp

Hi, I want to rename all the files (more than 100 files) in a fodler to another folder with date&time stamp. foe eg, file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat .. to be renamed as file1100629_16_30_15.txt (yy-mon-dd_hh_mi_ss) file1100629_16_30_16.txt .. so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display files created on particular date & time

Hi , I have BASH system & i am trying to display the files created on a particular date and time, and after displaying those files I also want to delete all those files.Can anyone of you help me out for this............. Thanx Original post contents restored... Please do not erase the question... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list the files based on the modification time using the find command?

Hi All, I need to list the files based modification time of the files from a directory, I cannot use "ls -t" as there are lot of files, which "ls" command cannot handle. New files will land there daily. So iam looking for an alternative through "find"command. All suggestions are welcomed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting log files based on date and time.

Hi All, i have some log files generated in a folder daily with the format abc.def.20130306.100001 ghi.jkl.20130306.100203 abc.def.20130305.100001 ghi.jkl.20130305.100203 the format is the date followed by time . all i want is to get the files that are generated for todays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files that are not first two files date & last file date for every month-year?

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
2 Replies
Time::ParseDate(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Time::ParseDate(3pm)

NAME
Time::ParseDate -- date parsing both relative and absolute SYNOPSIS
use Time::ParseDate; $seconds_since_jan1_1970 = parsedate("12/11/94 2pm", NO_RELATIVE => 1) $seconds_since_jan1_1970 = parsedate("12/11/94 2pm", %options) OPTIONS
Date parsing can also use options. The options are as follows: FUZZY -> it's okay not to parse the entire date string NOW -> the "current" time for relative times (defaults to time()) ZONE -> local timezone (defaults to $ENV{TZ}) WHOLE -> the whole input string must be parsed GMT -> input time is assumed to be GMT, not localtime UK -> prefer UK style dates (dd/mm over mm/dd) DATE_REQUIRED -> do not default the date TIME_REQUIRED -> do not default the time NO_RELATIVE -> input time is not relative to NOW TIMEFIRST -> try parsing time before date [not default] PREFER_PAST -> when year or day of week is ambiguous, assume past PREFER_FUTURE -> when year or day of week is ambiguous, assume future SUBSECOND -> parse fraction seconds VALIDATE -> only accept normal values for HHMMSS, YYMMDD. Otherwise days like -1 might give the last day of the previous month. DATE FORMATS RECOGNIZED
Absolute date formats Dow, dd Mon yy Dow, dd Mon yyyy Dow, dd Mon dd Mon yy dd Mon yyyy Month day{st,nd,rd,th}, year Month day{st,nd,rd,th} Mon dd yyyy yyyy/mm/dd yyyy-mm-dd (usually the best date specification syntax) yyyy/mm mm/dd/yy mm/dd/yyyy mm/yy yy/mm (only if year > 12, or > 31 if UK) yy/mm/dd (only if year > 12 and day < 32, or year > 31 if UK) dd/mm/yy (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd/yy or yy/mm/dd) dd/mm/yyyy (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd/yyyy) dd/mm (only if UK, or an invalid mm/dd) Relative date formats: count "days" count "weeks" count "months" count "years" Dow "after next" Dow "before last" Dow (requires PREFER_PAST or PREFER_FUTURE) "next" Dow "tomorrow" "today" "yesterday" "last" dow "last week" "now" "now" "+" count units "now" "-" count units "+" count units "-" count units count units "ago" Absolute time formats: hh:mm:ss[.ddd] hh:mm hh:mm[AP]M hh[AP]M hhmmss[[AP]M] "noon" "midnight" Relative time formats: count "minutes" (count can be franctional "1.5" or "1 1/2") count "seconds" count "hours" "+" count units "+" count "-" count units "-" count count units "ago" Timezone formats: [+-]dddd GMT[+-]d+ [+-]dddd (TZN) TZN Special formats: [ d]d/Mon/yyyy:hh:mm:ss [[+-]dddd] yy/mm/dd.hh:mm DESCRIPTION
This module recognizes the above date/time formats. Usually a date and a time are specified. There are numerous options for controlling what is recognized and what is not. The return code is always the time in seconds since January 1st, 1970 or undef if it was unable to parse the time. If a timezone is specified it must be after the time. Year specifications can be tacked onto the end of absolute times. If "parsedate()" is called from array context, then it will return two elements. On sucessful parses, it will return the seconds and what remains of its input string. On unsucessful parses, it will return "undef" and an error string. EXAMPLES
$seconds = parsedate("Mon Jan 2 04:24:27 1995"); $seconds = parsedate("Tue Apr 4 00:22:12 PDT 1995"); $seconds = parsedate("04.04.95 00:22", ZONE => PDT); $seconds = parsedate("Jan 1 1999 11:23:34.578", SUBSECOND => 1); $seconds = parsedate("122212 950404", ZONE => PDT, TIMEFIRST => 1); $seconds = parsedate("+3 secs", NOW => 796978800); $seconds = parsedate("2 months", NOW => 796720932); $seconds = parsedate("last Tuesday"); $seconds = parsedate("Sunday before last"); ($seconds, $remaining) = parsedate("today is the day"); ($seconds, $error) = parsedate("today is", WHOLE=>1); LICENSE
Copyright (C) 1996-2010 David Muir Sharnoff. Copyright (C) 2011 Google, Inc. License hereby granted for anyone to use, modify or redistribute this module at their own risk. Please feed useful changes back to cpan@dave.sharnoff.org. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-20 Time::ParseDate(3pm)