Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in Sybase connectivity via UNIX Post 302768475 by DGPickett on Friday 8th of February 2013 03:52:17 PM
Old 02-08-2013
Well, your test is very gross for the conclusion it reports. What is in the docflow_temp.txt? What were the 10 call options?

Last edited by DGPickett; 02-08-2013 at 05:03 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to connect to sybase from Unix(AIX)

I have a script given below so can anyone explain me what it does? echo "use $DSQUERY\n go\n insert into ff.SmartCareLogin (username, password, userrole, fullname) values ('$1', '$1', '$2', '$3') go"|isql -Uff -P what is the use of $DSQUERY and go. When i am firiing isql command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos-Unix Connectivity

Hi, Is there any method to connect unix box(Excecuting unix commands through Batch Files) through DOS prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Sybase connectivity

Hi , I am able to connect to sybase using the below script ,but i want to check the status of the connectivity like if there is any network failure during downloading the file ,it will come out with exit 1 status .Any help on this ? # isql database_name db_user_name <<EOF select date_val from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity using unix

Hi, I am trying to connect to the database through Unix serer using following command- mysql -u root -Jepadt -D dtdatabase But it giving me error - mysql: unknown option '-J' Can anybody help me to solve this problm Thanks in advance Please use code tags, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase sql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aksar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to capture error of sybase isql in unix

Hi Gurus, I am very new in Unix, I have 1 script, in which I am truncating the table , then BCP the data in Sybase table, and then loading the data from sybase table to sybase table. every thing is working fine, but the problem is with Error. I made some hanges in my insert statement so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Sybase Connectivity Check through Shell Script

Hi, I need to check the sysbase database connectivity through the Unix Shell Script. Can you help me on the how to write the script to test the sysbase database connection. Thanks in Advance Nandha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandha2387
0 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with Windows to Unix connectivity

Hi Can we pass the parameter from the excel in windows and invoke the unix shell script from excel VBA by passing this parameter and get the results of shell script to the excel sheet? We tried to get the things in unix independently but we still strucked in connecting the excel to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase connectivity in Linux/UNIX

Hi, i am to linux/unix,i am using AIX 5.3. i want to connect sybase database through shell script, when i used "isql", it throws error "isql not found", Do i need to install/configure anything, if yes please tell me how kindly help me on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatraman
4 Replies
ATF-REPORT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     ATF-REPORT(1)

NAME
atf-report -- transforms the output of atf-run to different formats SYNOPSIS
atf-report [-o fmt1:path1 [.. -o fmtN:pathN]] atf-report -h DESCRIPTION
atf-report reads the output of atf-run and transforms it to different formats. Some of these are user-friendly and others are machine- parseable, which opens a wide range of possibilities to analyze the results of a test suite's execution. See Output formats below for more details on which these formats are. In the first synopsis form, atf-report reads the output of atf-run through its standard input and, if no -o options are given, prints a user- friendly report on its standard output using the 'ticker' format. If -o options are provided (more than one are allowed), they specify the complete list of reports to generate. They are all generated simultaneously, and for obvious reasons, two reports cannot be written to the same file. Note that the default output is suppressed when -o is provided. In the second synopsis form, atf-report will print information about all supported options and their purpose. The following options are available: -h Shows a short summary of all available options and their purpose. -o fmt:path Adds a new output format. fmt is one of the formats described later on in Output formats. path specifies where the report will be written to. Depending on the chosen format, this may refer to a single file or to a directory. For those formats that write to a single file, specifying a '-' as the path will redirect the report to the standard output. Output formats The following output formats are allowed: csv A machine-parseable Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file. This file contains the results for all test cases and test programs. Test cases are logged using the following syntax: tc, duration, test-program, test-case, result[, reason] The 'result' field for test cases is always one of 'passed', 'skipped' or 'failed'. The last two are always followed by a reason. Test programs are logged with the following syntax: tp, duration, test-program, result[, reason] In this case, the 'result' can be one of: 'passed', which denotes test programs that ran without any failure; 'failed', which refers to test programs in which one or more test cases failed; or 'bogus', which mentions those test programs that failed to exe- cute by some reason. The reason field is only available in the last case. The time required to execute each test case and test program is also provided. You should not rely on the order of the entries in the resulting output. ticker A user-friendly report that shows the progress of the test suite's execution as it operates. This type of report should always be redirected to a virtual terminal, not a file, as it may use control sequences that will make the output unreadable in regular files. xml A report contained in a single XML file. Ideal for later processing with xsltproc(1) to generate nice HTML reports. EXAMPLES
The most simple way of running a test suite is to pipe the output of atf-run through atf-report without any additional flags. This will use the default output format, which is suitable to most users: atf-run | atf-report In some situations, it may be interesting to get a machine-parseable file aside from the standard report. This can be done as follows: atf-run | atf-report -o csv:testsuite.csv -o ticker:- Or if the standard report is not desired, thus achieving completely silent operation: atf-run | atf-report -o csv:testsuite.csv SEE ALSO
atf-run(1), atf(7) BSD
December 16, 2011 BSD