Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with delete script. Post 302768273 by busyboy on Friday 8th of February 2013 08:19:18 AM
Old 02-08-2013
even with find...

find /path/to/path -type f -mtime +10 -exec 'rm' '-f' '{}' \;

BB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help needed to delete some text without opening the file in unix

Hi To delete some text in 2 files in line1 ( not complete line) in unix without opening the files. For example: source file is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete the latest two files..Help needed

Suppose I have a directory called jeet and inside that directory so many files will be there.... Example: /abc/xyz/jeet $ ls -ltr total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Jan 13 11:36 naresh -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Jan 13 11:36 sreeni -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyajit007
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron to delete email help needed

I would like to know if I can place a cron job (and what it might be of course) to delete all the mail in an inbox? Here are the servers specs: Operating systemLinuxService StatusClick to ViewKernel version2.6.28.9Machine Typei686Apache version2.2.11 (Unix)PERL version5.8.8Path to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markmatu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in script needed

Hi, I am developing a script for writing out the failed jobs in file, 1)First step i need to create an empty file Status with today's date. 2)After that i need to execute the below command: dsjob -server servername -user uname -password pwd -ljobs projectname This will listout all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for script

Hi, I have a big list like this --> 3285 3289 328D 3291 3295 3299 329D 32A1 I need to make it like --> 3285|3289|328D|3291|3295|3299|329D|32A1 Please suggest. This is Linux OS. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sh script help needed

Can anyone tell me what this would do in an .sh script @@ -912,10 +912,12 @@ Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samd12
3 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD