Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to process file from a directory and grep the required content and print Post 302768173 by RudiC on Friday 8th of February 2013 05:42:06 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Put
Code:
Server              Interface Checks                  Process Checks          Service Check
              VerifyInterface  Corefile     VerifyRegister VerifyComponent                 
-------      ----------------  ---------     -------------  -------------     -------------

into extra file called "header" and supply as first file to the script. It will print it as is giving you control over what shold appear in the first lines of your output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to search content of file with timestamps in the directory

hello, i want to make a script to search the file contents in my home directory by a given date and output me the line that has the date... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychobeauty
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print the content of a directory in jpg file

Is there any possible way to print the contents of a directory to a .jpg file? I have a list of thumbnails (e-books) which I want to share (+500) but I don't know how to make this. I would appreciate a lot any comments regarding this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Goto each directory and subdirectories and grep the required pattern

Hi All, I need your help in finding pattern from files present in different directories. I need to search for a pattern "xyz" from "*.txt" files which are present in different levels of directories as shown. example ------- dir1/subdir1/file.txt dir2/subdir2/subsubdir2/file.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to monitor new file in a directory and mail the file content

Hi I am looking for a help in designing a bash script on linux which can do below:- 1) Look in a specific directory for any new files 2) Mail the content of the new file Appreciate any help Regards Neha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Modify a file content in UNIX and sort for only required fields ?

I have the below contents in a file after making the below curl call curl ... | grep -E "state|Rno" | paste -sd',\n' | grep "Disconnected" > test "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "5554f1d2" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" : "10587563" "state" : "Disconnected",, "Rno" :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav H
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required to Print Single quote into a file

Hi, I need help in printing string enclosed with single quotes to a file. I am trying to write a shell script which when run will create another script below is the script logic. cat create_script.sh echo '#!/bin/sh' > append_flname.sh echo 'for FILE in $*' >> append_flname.sh echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrandec85
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search every file in a directory and print last few lines

Hi everyone, I need to write a script to search a directory, output the name of a file to an ouput file and print the last few lines of the files to the output file such that I would have something like this: FILE1: LINE LINE LINE FILE2: LINE LINE LINE FILE3: LINE LINE LINE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
UPGRADEDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      UPGRADEDB(8)

NAME
upgradedb - Directory Server script for upgrading the database SYNOPSIS
upgradedb [-a archivedir] [-Z serverID] [-f] [-v] [-d debuglevel] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Checks the DB version and if it has the old index formatting then it will rebuild the indexes. This is usually needed after migrating from older versions of Directory Server. This script must be run while the server is stopped. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -n Backend Name The name of the LDBM database to reindex. Example: userRoot -a Database directory The full path to the database directory. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -N Only checks whether any DNs in the database need to be updated. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
upgradedb -Z instance2 DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
upgradedb was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 UPGRADEDB(8)