Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl -> Identify Values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl -> Identify Values Post 302768109 by balajesuri on Friday 8th of February 2013 03:28:45 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsiva
Now, the perl script should check for this 90 value, if it doesn't have 90, either its less or more, it should print the output as GOOD or BAD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsiva
I want to get only the BAD and the user name on value 1 on the file /etc/shadow which has the BAD one.
Your requirements contradict each other.

Code:
print "Bad entries:\n\n";
while ($line = <FILEHANDLE>) {
    chomp($line);
    @fields = split /:/, $line;
    if ($fields[4] != 90) {
        print "$fields[0]\n";
    }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify matching data in a file and output to original line, in perl

Hi, I haven't done this for awhile, and further, I've never done it in perl so I appreciate any help you can give me. I have a file of lines, each with 5 data points that look like this: AB,N,ALLIANCEBERNSTEIN HLDNG L.P,AB,N ALD,N,ALLIED CAPITAL CORPORATION,ALD,N AFC,N,ALLIED CAPITAL... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "ÿ" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ÿÿÿÿ) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify function image magick problem - perl

Hi, I got some error when I try to write content from file store into array then for each word that separate by space use identify function to display image information.here is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -w open(FILE,'transfer_file_perl.txt') or die "$!"; my $line = <FILE>;#because it is one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to identify files without extension and assign a value

Hi, I have a perl script which is a part of a shell script which read lines from a flat file(which is generated as part of a script after a series of bteq/fexp) and assigns a value for each object in the file based on the type of file name. (i.e extensions like .bteq/.ctl/.ksh etc) For example,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yohasini
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to identify duplicate values at first column in csv file

Hello experts, I have a requirement where I have to implement two checks on a csv file: 1. Check to see if the value in first column is duplicate, if any value is duplicate script should exit. 2. Check to verify if the value at second column is between "yes" or "no", if it is anything else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify duplicate values at first column in csv file

Input 1,ABCD,no 2,system,yes 3,ABCD,yes 4,XYZ,no 5,XYZ,yes 6,pc,noCode used to find duplicate with regard to 2nd column awk 'NR == 1 {p=$2; next} p == $2 { print "Line" NR "$2 is duplicated"} {p=$2}' FS="," ./input.csv Now is there a wise way to de-duplicate the entire line (remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to identify specific runs in input and print only lines identified

In the perl one-liner below I am identifying the runs of 6a or 6A in each line starting with >. The code seems close but it prints each > line no matter if it has 6a or 6A in it. Only the line with the 6a or 6A needs to be printed. So using the input file, only the >hg19_refGene_NM_001918_3... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify varying unique fields values from a text file in UNIX?

Hi, I have a huge unsorted text file. We wanted to identify the unique field values in a line and consider those fields as a primary key for a table in upstream system. Basically, the process or script should fetch the values from each line that are unique compared to the rest of the lines in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikandan23
13 Replies
d_passwd(4)							   File Formats 						       d_passwd(4)

NAME
d_passwd - dial-up password file SYNOPSIS
/etc/d_passwd DESCRIPTION
A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct pass- word must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. d_passwd is an ASCII file which contains a list of executable programs (typically shells) that require a dial-up password and the associ- ated encrypted passwords. When a user attempts to log in on any of the ports listed in the dialups file (see dialups(4)), the login program looks at the user's login entry stored in the passwd file (see passwd(4)), and compares the login shell field to the entries in d_passwd. These entries determine whether the user will be required to supply a dial-up password. Each entry in d_passwd is a single line of the form: login-shell:password: where login-shell The name of the login program that will require an additional dial-up password. password An encrypted password. Users accessing the computer through a dial-up port or modem using login-shell will be required to enter this password before gaining access to the computer. d_passwd should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. If the user's login program in the passwd file is not found in d_passwd or if the login shell field in passwd is empty, the user must sup- ply the default password. The default password is the entry for /usr/bin/sh. If d_passwd has no entry for /usr/bin/sh, then those users whose login shell field in passwd is empty or does not match any entry in d_passwd will not be prompted for a dial-up password. Dial-up logins are disabled if d_passwd has only the following entry: /usr/bin/sh:*: EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample d_passwd file. Here is a sample d_passwd file: /usr/lib/uucp/uucico:q.mJzTnu8icF0: /usr/bin/csh:6k/7KCFRPNVXg: /usr/bin/ksh:9df/FDf.4jkRt: /usr/bin/sh:41FuGVzGcDJlw: Generating An Encrypted Password The passwd (see passwd(1)) utility can be used to generate the encrypted password for each login program. passwd generates encrypted pass- words for users and places the password in the shadow (see shadow(4)) file. Passwords for the d_passwd file will need to be generated by first adding a temporary user id using useradd (see useradd(1M)), and then using passwd(1) to generate the desired password in the shadow file. Once the encrypted version of the password has been created, it can be copied to the d_passwd file. For example: 1. Type useradd tempuser and press Return. This creates a user named tempuser. 2. Type passwd tempuser and press Return. This creates an encrypted password for tempuser and places it in the shadow file. 3. Find the entry for tempuser in the shadow file and copy the encrypted password to the desired entry in the d_passwd file. 4. Type userdel tempuser and press Return to delete tempuser. These steps must be executed as the root user. FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file SEE ALSO
passwd(1), useradd(1M), dialups(4), passwd(4), shadow(4) WARNINGS
When creating a new dial-up password, be sure to remain logged in on at least one terminal while testing the new password. This ensures that there is an available terminal from which you can correct any mistakes that were made when the new password was added. SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2004 d_passwd(4)