Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Recommended skill and training for Linux system administrator Post 302767407 by jcp1856 on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 09:24:05 PM
Old 02-06-2013
It all depends on what you envision your career path to be but right now I'd say pick up Perl, RHEL6, and VMware

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

I want to become a System Administrator

Has anyone got any advice on how I can get a job as a Unix/Solaris system administrator? My current job is supporting an application that runs on Solaris servers. I have very minimal Solaris/Unix skills but would like to expand on them with the aim of getting a junior sys admin role. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
4 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Administrator and Linux Administrator transition

Hello Unix Experts, I'm going to be graduating with a CIS (Computer Information Systems) degree in the coming year. I have been offered an internship with a job title of Unix Administrator under a well known company. I understand that Unix is used for high-end servers in many large... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brentmd24
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recommended perl modules for system info.

I am doing some bespoke nagios plugins. can anyone recommend any good perl modules for system checks. disks, memory, processes, load avgs, networks, etc etc. everything basically. they will need to perform on bsd, aix, solaris, linux. any recommendations? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigearsbilly
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix/Linux System Administrator - Study Advice

Hello all, I really hope that this is the right Forum to post this kind of a question... I have been working in the IT support industry for nearly 3 years now. I started of providing end-user support. So enough to say that I provided my fair share of "have you tried turning it off and on"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalignas
1 Replies

5. Linux

LinuxCBT/UnixCBT video training recommended?

Hi Is anyone here customer of LinuxCBT and can say something about the quality of their videos? Do you recommend me purchase video training of them? I am primary interested in OpenLDAP training. Link Linux Training, Open Source Training, Learn Linux and Open Source (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Know your System Administrator

Couldn't resist: www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/know.your.sysadmin.html (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radoulov
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux System Administrator for a role in CH

Hi guys I hope I will not break any rules and guidelines on the forum with this post. I am Admir, working as a recruiter for execIT Recruitment Zurich, Switzerland. Our client is an urgent need of a linux system administrator/support analyst who has trading floor experience and is eligible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BosAd
1 Replies

8. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies
VMMOUSE(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							VMMOUSE(4)

NAME
vmmouse - VMware Mouse input driver SYNOPSIS
Section "InputDevice" Identifier "idevname" Driver "vmmouse" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vmmouse is an XFree86 input driver for mice. The driver supports most available mouse types and interfaces. USB mice are only supported on some OSs, and the level of support for PS/2 mice depends on the OS. The vmmouse driver functions as a pointer input device, and may be used as the X server's core pointer. Multiple mice are supported by multiple instances of this driver. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details and for options that can be used with all input drivers. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver will automatically detect if the vmmouse device is present and if it is not, it will load the regular mouse driver and attempt to fall back to it. There are no vmmouse specific options, but if you set mouse(4) options, they will be passed on. See the mouse(4) man page for details on these options. SEE ALSO
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), mouse(4) AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 VMware, Inc. X Version 11 xf86-input-vmmouse 12.6.9 VMMOUSE(4)