Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting README: Factorial quick chart with sed & bc: Post 302766973 by Jotne on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 02:40:24 AM
Old 02-06-2013
Nice example.
Buts its some more easy to read when using $(code) instead of `code`
Code:
n=20;for i in $(seq $n);do printf "$(seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g')= ";echo "$(seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g')"| bc;done

bc also needed to be installed manually on Ubuntu
This User Gave Thanks to Jotne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a quick SED question

I have a line EXTDIR=`echo $i | sed 's/\-tar.gz//'` which looks for files ending in -tar.gz, i would like to increase the functionality so that it looks for .tar.gz files as well as -tar.gz. Do i put the - in square brackets with a dot ? like this EXTDIR=`echo $i | sed 's/\tar.gz//'` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick sed question

hey, Im just wondering is there away to get sed to read from a variable eg it doesn't seem to work, i really need to be able to recursively change the same data set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

quick sed help

what's the code for delete everything before sssss asdf become: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't figure this out? Quick help with sed

I am trying to delete everything in the parenthesis(including the parenthesis) in this text: Wind: from the WNW (290 degrees) at 6 MPH (5 KT) Pressure (altimeter): 29.82 in. Hg (1009 hPa) Temperature: 80.1 F (26.7 C) Dew Point: 72.0 F (22.2 C) Relative Humidity: 76% Trying to make it look... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmoore4321
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & areas respectively sed & pyramiding

Hello everyone, i wonder if someone could give me an advice regarding the following problem using sed. Given ist a structure as shown below: <aaa>text1<b>text2</b>text3<c>text4</c>text5</aaa> Now I want to change the outer tag from "aaa" to "new" and replace all tags inside the outer tags... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donaldinho
4 Replies

6. AIX

README: Install tripwire on AIX

We had a SAS70 audit at our site a few months back and part of the end result was that I had to install tripwire to monitor our application binaries. We were able to compile tripwire for our AIX 5.3 server but after a few months I was asked to install it on other systems. I could have and did just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juredd1
1 Replies

7. Programming

Quick question about '_&'

I've seen in other programmers code the use of '_&' as a line separator. I am trying to find in my C++ reference manual some pages dedicated to an explanation of the use of this '_&' but I don't know what it is called. I only know it is a "line separator" or "line break" of some sort which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sepoto
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Factorial of any number using functions

how to write the code for factorial of any number using functions and arguments????? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick Sed Question

Just want to know why when I do the following in sed, the required is not extracted. echo "ab01cde234" | sed 's/*$//' result: ab01cde (Which is correct) echo "ab01cde234" |sed 's/.*\(*\)$/\1/' result: blank (was expecting 234) or echo "ab01cde234" |sed 's/.*\(\)*$/\1/' result: blank... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Help: quick and easy question may be: How to use &&

Hi Guru's. I am trying to use to check if $5 is greater than 80 & if not 100, then to print $0 : awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0} But getting error: >bdf1|sed 's/%//g'|awk '{ if ($5>80) && if ($5 != 100) print $0}' syntax error The source line is 1. The error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies
Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart::Pie(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart::Pie(3pm)

NAME
Pie - A class for writing Excel Pie charts. SYNOPSIS
To create a simple Excel file with a Pie chart using Excel::Writer::XLSX: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Excel::Writer::XLSX; my $workbook = Excel::Writer::XLSX->new( 'chart.xlsx' ); my $worksheet = $workbook->add_worksheet(); my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'pie' ); # Configure the chart. $chart->add_series( categories => '=Sheet1!$A$2:$A$7', values => '=Sheet1!$B$2:$B$7', ); # Add the worksheet data the chart refers to. my $data = [ [ 'Category', 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ], [ 'Value', 1, 4, 5, 2, 1, 5 ], ]; $worksheet->write( 'A1', $data ); __END__ DESCRIPTION
This module implements Pie charts for Excel::Writer::XLSX. The chart object is created via the Workbook "add_chart()" method: my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'pie' ); Once the object is created it can be configured via the following methods that are common to all chart classes: $chart->add_series(); $chart->set_title(); These methods are explained in detail in Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart. Class specific methods or settings, if any, are explained below. Pie Chart Methods There aren't currently any pie chart specific methods. See the TODO section of Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart. A Pie chart doesn't have an X or Y axis so the following common chart methods are ignored. $chart->set_x_axis(); $chart->set_y_axis(); EXAMPLE
Here is a complete example that demonstrates most of the available features when creating a chart. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use Excel::Writer::XLSX; my $workbook = Excel::Writer::XLSX->new( 'chart_pie.xlsx' ); my $worksheet = $workbook->add_worksheet(); my $bold = $workbook->add_format( bold => 1 ); # Add the worksheet data that the charts will refer to. my $headings = [ 'Category', 'Values' ]; my $data = [ [ 'Apple', 'Cherry', 'Pecan' ], [ 60, 30, 10 ], ]; $worksheet->write( 'A1', $headings, $bold ); $worksheet->write( 'A2', $data ); # Create a new chart object. In this case an embedded chart. my $chart = $workbook->add_chart( type => 'pie', embedded => 1 ); # Configure the series. Note the use of the array ref to define ranges: # [ $sheetname, $row_start, $row_end, $col_start, $col_end ]. $chart->add_series( name => 'Pie sales data', categories => [ 'Sheet1', 1, 3, 0, 0 ], values => [ 'Sheet1', 1, 3, 1, 1 ], ); # Add a title. $chart->set_title( name => 'Popular Pie Types' ); # Set an Excel chart style. Colors with white outline and shadow. $chart->set_style( 10 ); # Insert the chart into the worksheet (with an offset). $worksheet->insert_chart( 'C2', $chart, 25, 10 ); __END__ AUTHOR
John McNamara jmcnamara@cpan.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright MM-MMXII, John McNamara. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2012-04-02 Excel::Writer::XLSX::Chart::Pie(3pm)