Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cygwin sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin sendmail Post 302766889 by lawsongeek on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 08:05:00 PM
Old 02-05-2013
Cygwin sendmail

echo -e "This is a test and only a test" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -s "Subject" lawsongeek@blah.com

when i received email, all good, but Subject is blank.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have cygwin software on my machine. can i practice shell script on that software or not? thanks sam71 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin

Hi , I have software CYGWIN . Can i practice for shell script on that? Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X

I have managed a successful install of Cygwin (after a few tries), and like any sensible person am ignoring the console in favour of the xconsole. I have this set up how I want - tcsh, all hot-keys (including ^z for suspend) and et cetera, but find it awfully slow. Are there any good... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulgura
7 Replies

4. Programming

cygwin

hello ... i am new with cygwin ... and i want you to help me. ... First of all, i want to determine the steady state stream function in a 2-D duct using a square mesh by using the finite-difference methodology and i want to simulate it....and i read a lot of information at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mostafamagdy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cygwin

hi.... i want to set an alias to "ls -lart" permanently. i am using cygwin and in that .bashrc and .bash_profile files are readonly. so please tell me how i can do that? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Usha Shastri
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin

Do clear command do not work in cygwin.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
EXTSMAIL.EXTERNALS(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				     EXTSMAIL.EXTERNALS(1)

NAME
extsmail.externals -- configure which external commands to robustly send e-mail via DESCRIPTION
extsmail.externals is used to configure extsmaild(1). It consists of one or more group declarations. Each group consists of zero or more match / reject clauses followed by one or more external declarations. An external consists of one or more assignments of key = value pairs. When sending messages extsmaild(1) first searches through the externals file, in order, for a group whose match / reject clauses match the message in question. If a group does not contain any such clauses it automatically matches all messages. Match / reject clauses currently match only against headers, and use standard POSiX extended regular expressions (see re_format(7) for more details). extsmaild(1) then tries each external in the group, in order, to send the message successfully. The grammar for this file is as follows: group ::= { matches* external+ } matches ::= match | reject match ::= MATCH HEADER string reject ::= REJECT HEADER string external ::= EXTERNAL ID { defn+ } defn ::= ID = STRING | ID = TIME TIME ::= [0-9]+[dhms] Valid assignments within an external are: sendmail Defines the external shell command used to send e-mail. timeout If extsmaild(1) is executed in daemon mode, this value defines the length of time that extsmaild(1) will retry this external before giving up and trying the next external in the group. Times are specified as a number followed by d (days), h (hours) m (minutes), or s (seconds). If extsmaild(1) is executed in batch mode, the timeout value is ignored. FILES
The extsmail configuration file is searched for, in order, in the following locations: ~/.extsmail/externals Per-user configuration. /etc/extsmail/externals System-wide configuration. EXAMPLES
The simplest externals file sending e-mail via ssh(1) looks as follows: group { external mymachine { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user mymachine.net /usr/sbin/sendmail" } } where mymachine is a human-friendly name given to an external (it does not effect processing), and user is the username on the remote machine mymachine.net. A more complex example using multiple groups, message matching, and multiple external commands looks as follows: group { match header "^To:.*@foo.com" external foo { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user shell.foo.com /usr/sbin/sendmail" } } group { external mymachine { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user mymachine.net /usr/sbin/sendmail" } external bk { sendmail = "/usr/bin/ssh -q -C -l user bk.mymachine.net /usr/sbin/sendmail" } } SEE ALSO
extsmail(1), extsmail.conf(5), extsmaild(1) AUTHORS
Laurence Tratt <http://tratt.net/laurie/> BSD
November 2, 2008 BSD