Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract info and do algebra on it by sed or awk Post 302766301 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of February 2013 01:56:21 PM
Old 02-04-2013
Wrong in what way?

What do you get, and what were you expecting?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract using sed/awk - need help? Please!!

Need help..not sure how to use with awk or sed I want to take data from the notification.$$ file and assign the data to variable "group". Not sure how to do it. The data I want to extract from the notification.$$ is on the first line of the file ..right after the (notice): NetWorker... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some characters with SED or AWK

Hi, I have the following example string: today_is_a_good_day.txt The character "_" inside the string can sometimes be more or less. The solution for every string equal the count of "_" should be alway the rest after the last underline character. Result: day.txt I want to use awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: climber
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract info from a file using awk

Dear all I have a file call interfaces.txt Filename: interfaces.txt How can I extract the information at below? ABC_DB_001 hostname1 20901 ABC_DB_002 hostname2 20903 ABC_DB_003 hostname3 20905 Currently I am using a very stupid method grep ^ABC interfaces.txt > name.txt grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed/awk] find info and replace

Hi :) I have some problems with "FOR"... I have a text file in this format: name1 www.link1/random_number name2 www.link2/random_number name3 www.link3/random_number ... (Names and info changes) Now, I need: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk/sed to extract text between Strings

Dear Unix Gurus, I've got a data file with a few hundred lines (see truncated sample)... BEGIN_SCAN1 TASK_NAME=LA48 PDD Profiles PROGRAM=ArrayScan 1.00 21.220E+00 2.00 21.280E+00 END_DATA END_SCAN1 BEGIN_SCAN2 TASK_NAME=LA48 PDD Profiles 194.00 2.1870E+00 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK BEGIN to extract file header info into variables

Hi Folks, I've searched for this for quite a while, but can't find any solution - hope someone can help. I have various files with standard headers. eg. <HEADER> IP: 1.2.3.4 Username: Joe Time: 12:00:00 Date: 23/05/2010 </HEADER> This is a test and this part can be any size... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: damoske
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word from text (sed,awk, etc...)

Hello, I need some help extracting the number after the RBA e.g 15911688 from the below block of text (e.g: grep RBA |sed .......). The code should be valid for blocks if text generated at different times as well and not for the below text only. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a substring using SED/AWK

Hi All, I have a log file in which name and version of applications are coming in the following format name It may look like following, based on the name of the application and version: XYZ OR xyz OR XyZ OR xyz I want to separate out the name and version and store them into variables.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed HTML extract

I'm extracting text between table tags in HTML <th><a href="/wiki/Buick_LeSabre" title="Buick LeSabre">Buick LeSabre</a></th> using this: awk -F "</*th>" '/<\/*th>/ {print $2}' auto2 > auto3 then this (text between a href): sed -e 's/\(<*>\)//g' auto3 > auto4 How to shorten this into one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk to extract additional info

Hi I use multipath linux command to get LUNs info and find out if any failed. # multipath -ll >/tmp/mpfail # cat /tmp/mpfail multipath.conf line 109, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 153, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 193, invalid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies
RDF::Query::Algebra::Sort(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    RDF::Query::Algebra::Sort(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Query::Algebra::Sort - Algebra class for sorting VERSION
This document describes RDF::Query::Algebra::Sort version 2.908. METHODS
Beyond the methods documented below, this class inherits methods from the RDF::Query::Algebra class. "new ( $pattern, [ $dir =" $expr ] )> Returns a new Sort structure. "construct_args" Returns a list of arguments that, passed to this class' constructor, will produce a clone of this algebra pattern. "pattern" Returns the pattern to be sorted. "orderby" Returns the array of ordering definitions. "sse" Returns the SSE string for this algebra expression. "as_sparql" Returns the SPARQL string for this algebra expression. "as_hash" Returns the query as a nested set of plain data structures (no objects). "type" Returns the type of this algebra expression. "referenced_variables" Returns a list of the variable names used in this algebra expression. "potentially_bound" Returns a list of the variable names used in this algebra expression that will bind values during execution. "definite_variables" Returns a list of the variable names that will be bound after evaluating this algebra expression. "is_solution_modifier" Returns true if this node is a solution modifier. AUTHOR
Gregory Todd Williams <gwilliams@cpan.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-31 RDF::Query::Algebra::Sort(3pm)