Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting specific strings from output Post 302766165 by RudiC on Monday 4th of February 2013 09:58:11 AM
Old 02-04-2013
I guess
Code:
$ grep -o '"queue_totals":{"messages":0,"messages_ready":0,"messages_unacknowledged":0' file
"queue_totals":{"messages":0,"messages_ready":0,"messages_unacknowledged":0

is not what you want. How do you identify the string to be extracted ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete strings till specific string

Hello i want to know a way so i can delete all the strings in file from the begning till a specific string (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modcan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for multiple strings in specific position

Hi, I need to search for some strings in specific positions in a file. If the strings: "foo1", "foo2" or "foo3" is on position 266 or position 288 in a file i want the whole line printed. Any idea how to do it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoH
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific strings from certain fields

I'm working with a set of files where I'm trying to remove a set of characters from specific fields. The files are comma-delimited, and the characters I want to remove include: - open parentheses - ( - close parentheses - ) - space followed by a dollar sign - $ I don't want to remove every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print specific strings only

Hello, I have a file like this.. 2 168611167 STK39 STK39 --- 27347 "serine threonine kinase 39 (STE20/SPS1 homolog, yeast)" YES SNP_A-2086192 rs16854601 0.001558882 6 13670256 SIRT5 /// RPS4X SIRT5 --- 23408 /// 6191 "sirtuin (silent mating type... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

output strings to specific positions in a file

Been searching for about 3 hours for similar functionality that I can get examples of how to output text from variables into certain locations in a file. I would like to incorporate this into a script. I have not been able to find a command example that does it all in one method. I find part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bennu_500
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding specific series of strings or characters

After spending sometime playing around with my script I just cannot get it to do what I want. So I decided to ask. My file looks something like this: I am using the following code to extract sequences that contain dashes awk '/^>/{id=$0;next}{if (match($1,"-")) print id "\n" $0}' infile ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
17 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete specific strings in a file

Hi, My file has a numerous sttrings.I want to retain those strings which start with stt and delete entries with >C For eg: my infile is >C4603985... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa@@
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract fields containing specific strings?

Hello I have a log file with thousands of lines like below Sep 21 13:02:52 lnxtst01 kernel: New TCP in: IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=00:1a:4b:50:b7:32:00:08:e3:ff:fc:04:08:00 SRC=10.184.46.4 DST=10.162.139.21 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=59 ID=52961 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=55688 DPT=22 WINDOW=5840 RES=0x00 SYN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using find to output list of files with specific strings

This is my problem, I am using the following code to extract the file names with specific strings 0.01: find ./ -name "*.txt" -exec grep -H '0.01' {} + It works wonders with a small sample. However, when I use it in a real scenario it produces an empty file -even though I am sure there are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)