Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Query
Top Forums Programming Perl Query Post 302765915 by gsiva on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 10:14:22 PM
Old 02-03-2013
Hi Elixir,

Thanks for your info.
Please check with the below :
Code:
 $mode = sprintf "%040", (stat '/etc/security/opasswd') [2] & 07777;
        if ($mode eq "0600")
        {
                print "GOOD: AD.1.8.4.1: The file /etc/security/opasswd exists and had permission 0600\n\n";
        }
else
        {
                 print "BAD: AD.1.8.4.1: The file /etc/security/opasswd exists and do not have permission 0600\n\n";
        }

OUTPUT:
Code:
BAD: AD.1.8.4.1: The file /etc/security/opasswd exists and do not have permission 0600
ls -la /etc/security/opasswd
-rw-------    1 root     root         4300 Jan 14 13:22 /etc/security/opasswd

But, its giving the output has BAD, even the file permission is 0600.

Last edited by Scott; 02-04-2013 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect SQL query in perl

I the the following perl script, however it does not return anything. Did i form my syantax wrongly? $sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a where a.field1 = \'$Indicator1\' and a.schedule = \'$Indicator2\' and a.lastdate <= sysdate"); $sth->execute() ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI Query

Hi All, This is quite a high level question so I appologise as if it sounds a bit woolly! I'm running a script via apache's cgi-bin that calls another Perl script (from a browser): http://192.168.000.000/cgi-bin/run_script.pl?SCRIPT=test.pl&text=RANDOM+TEXT&INPUT1=444444444444 This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl query

a file test.dat has the following David Veterinarian John Orthopedist Jeff Dentist perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/;" test.dat ......will print David Jonh Jeff how does the part in double quotes work out.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in perl

can any1 give me line by line explanation for the following perl script as i dunno perl .. n i have searched in google .. but still thn i wanna confirm my findings fro perl experts :mad: perl -e 'while (<>) { print; $num = 2 if /fail_halt/i; $num = 1 if (/failure/i && ($num < 1)); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Query Regarding format

Hello people. I have got the following script QM=ARGV; open (CHS_OUT, "echo 'DISPLAY QSTATUS(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.MY.QUEUE) all'|runmqsc $qm|"); while (<CHS_OUT>) { if ( /QUEUE\(/ ) { $QueueName = ValueParser("QUEUE", 6); } if ( /IPPROCS\(/ ) { $InpProcs = ValueParser("IPPROCS", 8); #print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - CAPTURE query

When i run script with option 1 it works, however if I assign path to variable $tmpfile and try to use that it writes to $tmpfile and not /var/tmp/abc.tmp, what am I missing? 1. open (CAPTURE, '>>tmpfile'); print CAPTURE "$T1,$T2,$T3"; close (CAPTURE); 2. my $tmpfile='/var/tmp/abc.tmp';... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating of query variable in perl

Hi , I am facing error in perl when I assign a below query in a varibale $query because of new line charchters $query= SELECT XYZ , ABC , c2 , c3 , c4 FROM t1 how can i get rid of new line charchters with out changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

From perl program query is not executed.

I have tried executing one particular query through perl.But I am unable to get the result. When I tried to execute the sysdate query its working when I executed my perl code. The below query doesn't work. QUERY 1:my $sql ="select name from tab where rownum <6"; Received ora error... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
23 Replies
Search::GIN::Query::Class(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Search::GIN::Query::Class(3pm)

NAME
Search::GIN::Query::Class - Create class-based GIN queries VERSION
version 0.08 SYNOPSIS
use Search::GIN::Query::Class; my $query = Search::GIN::Query::Class->new( class => 'Person', ); DESCRIPTION
Creates a class-based GIN query that can be used to search records in a storage. This is a ready-to-use query that uses class definitions (specifically "class", "does" and "blessed") to search through the storage. METHODS
/SUBROUTINES new Creates a new query. ATTRIBUTES
class The class of the object you want to find. my $query = Search::GIN::Query::Class->new( class => 'Person', ); does A role consumed by the object you want to find. my $query = Search::GIN::Query::Class->new( does => 'TheMonkey', ); blessed The name of the package that the object is blessed into. my $query = Search::GIN::Query::Class->new( blessed => 'Person', ); AUTHOR
Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Yuval Kogman, Infinity Interactive. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-01-31 Search::GIN::Query::Class(3pm)