Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Query
Top Forums Programming Perl Query Post 302765903 by elixir_sinari on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 08:25:24 PM
Old 02-03-2013
Please use code tags for code and data samples.

Backticks capture the standard output from the external command. So, if your find command is successful (in your sense and not find's sense), the scalar $rc will contain the file-name and not the return code (which I am assuming you are expecting). So, the other branch of the conditional will always be executed.

Also, the return code of the find command can be deceiving. See the man page for details.

Why don't you use the stat built-in for this?
Code:
$mode = sprintf "%04o", (stat '/etc/security/opasswd')[2] & 07777;
if ($mode eq "0600") { ... } else { ... }

Last edited by elixir_sinari; 02-03-2013 at 10:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect SQL query in perl

I the the following perl script, however it does not return anything. Did i form my syantax wrongly? $sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a where a.field1 = \'$Indicator1\' and a.schedule = \'$Indicator2\' and a.lastdate <= sysdate"); $sth->execute() ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI Query

Hi All, This is quite a high level question so I appologise as if it sounds a bit woolly! I'm running a script via apache's cgi-bin that calls another Perl script (from a browser): http://192.168.000.000/cgi-bin/run_script.pl?SCRIPT=test.pl&text=RANDOM+TEXT&INPUT1=444444444444 This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl query

a file test.dat has the following David Veterinarian John Orthopedist Jeff Dentist perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/;" test.dat ......will print David Jonh Jeff how does the part in double quotes work out.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query in perl

can any1 give me line by line explanation for the following perl script as i dunno perl .. n i have searched in google .. but still thn i wanna confirm my findings fro perl experts :mad: perl -e 'while (<>) { print; $num = 2 if /fail_halt/i; $num = 1 if (/failure/i && ($num < 1)); }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Perl - PostGreSql query

Guys, I guess, I posted something in the wrong forum. Here it is - https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/67395-perl-postgrepsql-question.html Can you please help me with this? Regards, garric (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Query Regarding format

Hello people. I have got the following script QM=ARGV; open (CHS_OUT, "echo 'DISPLAY QSTATUS(SYSTEM.CLUSTER.MY.QUEUE) all'|runmqsc $qm|"); while (<CHS_OUT>) { if ( /QUEUE\(/ ) { $QueueName = ValueParser("QUEUE", 6); } if ( /IPPROCS\(/ ) { $InpProcs = ValueParser("IPPROCS", 8); #print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - CAPTURE query

When i run script with option 1 it works, however if I assign path to variable $tmpfile and try to use that it writes to $tmpfile and not /var/tmp/abc.tmp, what am I missing? 1. open (CAPTURE, '>>tmpfile'); print CAPTURE "$T1,$T2,$T3"; close (CAPTURE); 2. my $tmpfile='/var/tmp/abc.tmp';... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating of query variable in perl

Hi , I am facing error in perl when I assign a below query in a varibale $query because of new line charchters $query= SELECT XYZ , ABC , c2 , c3 , c4 FROM t1 how can i get rid of new line charchters with out changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

From perl program query is not executed.

I have tried executing one particular query through perl.But I am unable to get the result. When I tried to execute the sysdate query its working when I executed my perl code. The below query doesn't work. QUERY 1:my $sql ="select name from tab where rownum <6"; Received ora error... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
23 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)