Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] Add row of numbers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Add row of numbers Post 302765545 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 03:36:03 PM
Old 02-02-2013
If bartus' sum is at the beginning of the line then the input file is in DOS-format. Convert to UNIX format by using:
Code:
tr -d '\r' < infile > outfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting the numbers in a row

File A aa <space> --D--A--D---DDY---M--UM-M--MY Another file D3 M9 So output shud be Here in FileA D which is 3 after removing dash after we have counted dash D is position at 9 and for M is 23 final output will be D9 M23 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding row of numbers

is there another way of doing the below: echo "7 3 8 2 2 1 3 83.4 8.2 4 8 73 90.5" | bc shell is bash. os is linux and sunos. bc seems to have an issue with long range of numbers (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print last row of numbers

I have a spreadsheet of extremely long rows of numbers. I want to print only the last column. Tried using printf but there seems to be too many rows. example: 3 100 34 7 23 0 8 ..... X 400 203 778 1 ..........Y 58 3 9 0 100 ..........Z I only want to print X, Y and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] awk solution to add sequential numbers based on a word

Hi experts, I've been struggling to format a large genetic dataset. It's complicated to explain so I'll simply post example input/output $cat input.txt ID GENE pos start end blah1 coolgene 1 3 5 blah2 coolgene 1 4 6 blah3 coolgene 1 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
4 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] Mysql - Take data from row and copy it to another row

Sorry if I repost my question in this section, but I'm really in a hurry since I have to finish my work... :( Dear community, I have a table with two rows like: Row1 Row2 ======= ======= 7,3 text 1 1,3 text 2 1,2,3 blabla What i need to do is add/copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiply a row of numbers

the following is used to add numbers: echo 7 47 47 44 4 3 3 3 3 3 | awk '{ for(i=1; i<=NF;i++) j+=$i; print j; j=0 }' how do i multiply OR subtract a row of numbers using the above tactic? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Row from First Row (Split Row)

HI Guys, I have Below Input :- RepigA_hteis522 ReptCfiEtrBsCll_aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 RepigA ReptCfiEtrBsCll hteis522 aofe MSL04_MSL2_A25_1A 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1B 0 9 MSL04_MSL2_A25_1C 0 9 Split Data in two first row... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of numbers in row

Need help in coding: File with several rows incl. numbers like 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... How can i build the sum of each row seperately? 10 26 ... Thx for help. Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: smitty11
13 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)