Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find hdisk# based on LV name
Operating Systems AIX Find hdisk# based on LV name Post 302765493 by zaxxon on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 01:42:42 PM
Old 02-02-2013
Try:
Code:
lslv -pv dprod_0000017

Untested - no AIX at hand at the moment.

EDIT:
Forget it (you did already Smilie) - that was somehow a command for the VIO CLI. A simple lslv -l dprod_0000017 would have done it too. Or as Michael wrote Smilie

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-04-2013 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: update to let my wrong info not be uncommented

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX hdisk error

Does anyone have an idea what this means? hdisk10 is part of vg1. (vg1 has 11 hdisks) I get this msg every morning @ 5:04 CST This is the orignal message: A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON Fri Aug 17 03:02:09 PDT 2001 801014 The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find out which process is utilising a particular hdisk

Hi, Can anyone suggest how I can find out which process is keeping one of my hdisk constantly busy (100%) utilisation, when I ran topas . Thanks for your feedback Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tansha
2 Replies

3. AIX

vpath to an hdisk

Is there a simply way for me to map a vpath to an hdisk on AIX 5.2? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2dumb
5 Replies

4. AIX

VPATHS and HDisk/not able to add to NR-VG

When I list the PV's using lspv i see both vpath and hdisk names being listed. I got the info that each vpath is configured for 4 hdisks. Problem is I am not able to add either the hard disks in vpath to the existing non-rootvg. ? need to know the basics of vpath .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
4 Replies

5. AIX

load_balance or round_robin on hdisk

Hi, in an environment with svc's and ds8xxx wat disk algorithm should be used and what is the difference here: I can set the algorithm to Load_balance and to Round_robin (see output below). some info: hdisk3 ******** MPIO FC 2145 devices.sddpcm.53.rte 2.2.0.0 COMMITTED ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raba
1 Replies

6. AIX

Dummy hdisk in AIX 6.1

How do you create a dummy hdisk with AIX 6.1? In previous versions, I've used this and works, but now I get this error. hostname:/:# mkdev -l hdisk57 -c disk -t osdisk -s scsi -p fscsi0 -w 0,10 -d Method error (/etc/methods/define): 0514-022 The specified connection is not valid. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
2 Replies

7. AIX

Flashcopy, ghost hdisk ??

Hi all, I'm getting some errors on AIX regarding Flashcopy and volume group hard disks. The script that activates flashcopy showed this errors: Recreating Flashcopy for lun01_A1 Performing syntax check... Syntax check complete. Executing script... Script execution complete. SMcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enux
1 Replies

8. AIX

Quorum and hdisk issue

Hi. I found an issue with my appvg present in my server.my server is a single node and not part of hacmp. pmut3# lspv hdisk0 00c5c9cf92ebb96a rootvg active hdisk1 00c5c9cfcf30eee9 appvg hdisk2 00c5c9cfcf30ef98 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching hdisk sequence

Hi, Planning to implement script to fetch whether the hdisks are in proper sequence. Need output for incorrect sequence Correct #lspv hdisk0 hdisk1 hdisk2 :::::::::::: hdisk5 Incorrect sequence #lspv hdisk0 hdisk6 hdisk7 hdisk10 Any idea pls share (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

10. AIX

How can I map hdisk# to rhdisk#?

Some storage/disks have been added to an existing AIX 6.1 server. The admin sent me the list of hdisk#'s for the new disks, but I need the corresponding rhdisk# for the same hdisk. (I know from past experience that the rhdisk that maps to an hdisk is not always the same number. For instance,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrower
5 Replies
App::CLI(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       App::CLI(3)

NAME
App::CLI - Dispatcher module for command line interface programs SYNOPSIS
package MyApp; use base 'App::CLI'; # the DISPATCHER of your App # it's not necessary putting the dispather # on the top level of your App package main; MyApp->dispatch; # call dispather in where you want package MyApp::List; use base qw(App::CLI::Command); # any (SUB)COMMAND of your App use constant options => qw( "h|help" => "help", "verbose" => "verbose", 'n|name=s' => 'name', ); use constant subcommands => qw(User Nickname type); # if you want subcommands # automatically dispatch to subcommands # when invoke $ myapp list [user|nickname|--type] # note 'type' lower case in first char # is subcommand of old genre which is deprecated sub run { my ($self, @args) = @_; print "verbose" if $self->{verbose}; my $name = $self->{name}; # get arg following long option --name if ($self->{help}) { # if $ myapp list --help or $ $ myapp list -h # just only output PODs } else { # do something when imvoking $ my app list # without subcommand and --help } } package MyApp::List::User; use base qw(App::CLI::Command); use constant options => ( "h|help" => "help", ); sub run { my ($self,@args) = @_; # code for listing user } pakcage MyApp::List::Nickname; use base qw(App::CLI::Command); use constant options => ( "sort=s" => "sort", ); sub run { my ($self,@args) = @_; # code for listing nickname } package MyApp::List::type; # old genre of subcommand could not be cascading infinitely use base qw(MyApp::List); # should inherit its parents command sub run { my ($self, @args); # run to here when invoking $ myapp list --type } package MyApp::Help; use base 'App::CLI::Command::Help'; use constant options => ( 'verbose' => 'verbose', ); sub run { my ($self, @arg) = @_; # do something $self->SUPER(@_); # App::CLI::Command::Help would output PDOs of each command } DESCRIPTION
"App::CLI" dispatches CLI (command line interface) based commands into command classes. It also supports subcommand and per-command options. get_opt([@config], %opt_map) give options map, process by Getopt::Long::Parser interface of dispatcher cmd_map($cmd) find package name of subcommand in constant %alias if it's finded, return ucfirst of the package name, otherwise, return ucfirst of $cmd itself. get_cmd($cmd, @arg) return subcommand of first level via $ARGV[0] SEE ALSO
App::CLI::Command Getopt::Long AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> Cornelius Lin <cornelius.howl@gmail.com> shelling <navyblueshellingford@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005-2006 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2010-12-04 App::CLI(3)