Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy file and evaluate its internal variables Post 302763139 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 03:23:48 PM
Old 01-29-2013
The line #! /bin/bash is useless no matter how you cut it, for the space in it prevents it from working.

Try a here-document:

Code:
cat <<EOF
#!/bin/bash
D=aa.$X.bb
EOF

Of course, if you're templating hundreds of slightly different scripts/files, there is probably a more straightforward way to do what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to evaluate the value read from a file?

Hi, Could someone please help me with how to do the following? Say I have a flat file test.lst and the content of the file is: Report Date - `date '+%m%d%Y'` I'm trying the following while read myLine do echo ${myLine} done<test.lst This prints Report Date - `date... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy file using a variables

i am having a file name hello.txt i want to move it to some where in the destination folder suppose name is accnt i have done this things but not working , can't we assign a path to a variable #/bin/sh file =hello.txt dest ='accnt' cp $file $dest Thank & Regard Dina (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File splitting, naming file according to internal field

Hi All, I have a rather stange set of requirements that I'm hoping someone here could help me with. We receive a file that is actually a concatenation of 4 files (don't believe this would change, but ideally the solution would handle n files). The super-file looks like:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use sed to copy specific lines from a file using shell variables?

hello! I am trying to use sed to copy specific set of lines from a file for which the starting and ending line numbers of the lines to be copied are stored in shell variables. How can i copy those lines? if the input_file is something like this and if the following is the script a=2 b=4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_ba
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script that do internal grep on a log file..and extract acct no's from it..

I need to write a script, which takes the input a log file and create output file with acct no's line by line from selected records with text like (in red) : 18:51:18 | 217863|Acct 0110855565|RC 17608| 16 Subs| 1596 UsgRecs| 2 Secs| 430 CPUms| prmis2:26213 <MoveUsage d aemon needs to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file to SD card from internal flash.

Hi, At first I have to say that I know nothing about Linux :( But I am looking for solution how to copy one file from internal Lowrnace HDS flash memory. Lowrance HDS is Linux based device. Here is the link for firmware update files for this unit. At the end of main firmware file there... (62 Replies)
Discussion started by: PouchX
62 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a flat file, evaluate and create output. UNIX SCRIPT.

Hi all, I have a flat file as below; 470423495|1||TSA-A000073800||1|||1 471423495|1||TSA-A000073800||5|||5 472423495|1||TSA-A000073800||2|||7 473423495|1||TSA-A000073800||3|||3 I like to create a Unix script. The script have to valuate the last two columns, if the values are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to evaluate expressions in file

I have a situation where i need to evaluate expression and do substitutions in file file.ports port1=`expr $STARTINGPORT + 1` port2=`expr $STARTINGPORT + 2` port3=`expr $STARTINGPORT + 3` Intended output If my STARINGPORT is 100 port1=101 port2=102 port3=103 Can anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasiharitha
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy same file with different variables

Hi All, I have same file with like 1xyz_1 ,1xyz_2 , 2ghj_1, 2ghj_2, 4wer_1, 4wer1_2 etc with lots of file having similar type of name. I want to creat folder and copy similar file to that folder. for example folder 1xyz should contain only 1xyz_1 ,1xyz_2. :mad: Thank you in Advance. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXLMMN
7 Replies
INN::Config(3pm)					    InterNetNews Documentation						  INN::Config(3pm)

NAME
Config.pm - Export all the variables an INN Perl script might need DESCRIPTION
This Perl module sets up any and all the variables that an INN Perl script might need. More particularly, it allows to use inn.conf variables: they are all provided by innconfval, as well as the version of INN (in the variable $INN::Config::version). Other useful variables are also provided (directories, files, programs, masks, parameters) and you should have a look at the source code of the module to see what you can use in your Perl scripts. You only have to declare the module at the beginning of them: use lib '<pathnews>/lib/perl'; use INN::Config; Then, you can for instance use: print $INN::Config::localmaxartsize; to print the value of localmaxartsize as it is set in inn.conf. You can also specify a version when you import the module. If you write: use INN::Config 2.5.0; only versions of INN superior to 2.5.0 will be able to run the Perl script. It is also possible to import the variables directly in your namespace if you specify what you want to import: use INN::Config qw($localmaxartsize $pathbin); Note that a legacy innshellvars.pl is also provided in pathnews/lib for compatibility reasons with old Perl scripts not shipped with INN. It was used by versions of INN anterior to 2.5.0. The corresponding scripts for Shell and Tcl are, however, still in use: innshellvars and innshellvars.tcl. They offer the same capabilities as this module. HISTORY
innshellvars.pl was written by James Brister <brister@vix.com> for InterNetNews in 1996. It was converted to the INN::Config Perl module by Julien Elie in 2007. $Id: Config.pm.in 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
inn.conf(5), innconfval(1), perl(1). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 INN::Config(3pm)