Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Archiving in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Archiving in Perl Post 302762747 by Grant Pryor on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 02:55:14 AM
Old 01-29-2013
I have added that, thank you. i will inform tomorrow morning as it is part of our back up process

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving

I am looking for some advice. I have some files on a Unix server, which contain symbolic links. I need to copy these over to a nfts environment, but wish to keep the symbolic links intact. Any ideas? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmasonuk
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving

Hi, I want to archive below directory ex: /home/oracle/dd0 sub-directories in dd0 /home/oracle/dd0/backup/backup1 /home/oracle/dd0/backup/backup2 /home/oracle/dd0/dmp ....etc I want a command(tar) which will let me archive the above directory excluding *.dmp(dump files), *.log(log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving Problem

Hi friends I work on UNIX Operating system and I have many servers. ADM server make archiving for special data every day inside XYZ directory at specific time,the next time SPERADM server will take that archiving data to put them in same directory (inside SPERADM server). Now archiving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving by Time

Hi all. I am trying to set up archiving of directories, such that I keep every directory made in the past week, but just one directory per week beyond that. Using the find command, I can easily delete everything more than one week old, but can not figure out how to save one. Each directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aefskysa
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with archiving using find

Dear Unix Experts, I am trying to backup some legacy data based on date. I am pasting a small portion from the ls -al command from my session for reference. athena>ls -al ./nmr/exam1d_13C: total 32 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 May 1 2008 1/ drwxrwxrwx 3 root ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaison75
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple archiving

Hi, I am a UNIX novice and was trying to write a bash script that would read two parameters, $1 would be the archive file path where the archiving path is passed, so the archiving script will write to this file path. The second parameter will be the directory path to the library which will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pernuntium
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for backup and archiving

Hi, I am trying to develop a KSH script, to perform the following functions: 1. ZIP the previous day backup to ZIP Directory, while removing any ZIP file older than a week. 2. Perform the backup. 3. Send a confirmation mail with subject content of the size of file. Please let me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnprince1980
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

hi, Am trying to acrhive a bunch of files on some ftp site and somehow managed to come out with the below logic. I'm getting "syntax error: unexpected end of file" error. Interestingly this below snipeet works fine if run for the first time but the subsequent runs fail! Anybody has any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amee5
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs archiving

Hi , Might be the very basic question and most frequent one also.. wanted to archive the logs/files older than one month or older than 30 days to some particular location. File/log format is like below ABCD_EF_GHIJ_Defaulter_Report_(06-Jun-2014_11-50-20_AM) Source : /test/ABC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
calendar(1)						      General Commands Manual						       calendar(1)

NAME
calendar - reminder service SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
consults the file in the current directory and prints out lines containing today's or tomorrow's date anywhere in the line. On weekends, ``tomorrow'' extends through Monday. When a command-line argument is present, searches for the file in each user's home directory, and sends any positive results to the user by (see mail(1)). Normally this is done daily in the early morning hours under the control of (see cron(1M)). When invoked by reads the first line in the file to determine the user's environment. Language-dependent information such as spelling and date format (described below) are determined by the user-specified statement in the file. This statement should be of the form where language is a valid language name (see lang(5)). If this line is not in the file, the action described in the section is taken. is concerned with two fields: month and day. A month field can be expressed in three different formats: a string representing the name of the month (either fully spelled out or abbreviated), a numeric month, or an asterisk (representing any month). If the month is expressed as a string representing the name of the month, the first character can be either upper-case or lower-case; other characters must be lower- case. The spelling of a month name should match the string returned by calling (see nl_langinfo(3C)). The day field is a numeric value for the day of the month. Month-Day Formats If the month field is a string, it can be followed by zero or more blanks. If the month field is numeric, it must be followed by either a slash or a hyphen If the month field is an asterisk it must be followed by a slash The day field can be followed immediately by a blank or non-digit character. Day-Month Formats The day field is expressed as a numeral. What follows the day field is determined by the format of the month. If the month field is a string, the day field must be followed by zero or one dot followed by zero or more blanks. If the month field is a numeral, the day field must be followed by either a slash or a hyphen If the month field is an asterisk, the day field must be followed by a slash EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the format and contents of date and time strings when no statement is specified in the file. determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
The following file illustrates several formats recognized by calendar: In the following file, dates are expressed according to European English usage: WARNINGS
To get reminder service, either your calendar must be public information or you must run from your personal file, independent of any run systemwide. Note that if you run yourself, the calendar file need not reside in your home directory. extended idea of ``tomorrow'' does not account for holidays. This command is likely to be withdrawn from X/Open standards. Applications using this command might not be portable to other vendors' platforms. AUTHOR
was developed by AT&T and HP. FILES
to figure out today's and tomorrow's dates SEE ALSO cron(1M), nl_langinfo(3C), mail(1), environ(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
calendar(1)