Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Timing READ command - any key to exit Post 302761969 by RudiC on Sunday 27th of January 2013 02:11:07 PM
Old 01-27-2013
Try -t0.1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line with a single key press...

I would really like to have a script that will accept the key press from the user with out having to press the enter key afterwards. i.e. echo "Press Y to print \c" read YesNo At this point the user has to press the enter key to continue. Is there a way to accept the key press from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read the ENTER key

Hi , I do the following : ]echo "Do you want to say yes or no ?(y/n):\c" read ans here 'n' is the default value.that means if the user press ENTER key then it should be 'n' . Now how do i know that the user has pressed ENTER key.What will be stored in my variable 'ans'. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent -read exit status

i have written a shell script that invokes main class of a java prg. the java prg does a System.exit(0) or (1) based on condition. how can i read or check the status in unix.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamcool
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want read and an built in enter key stroke

i have script like: echo "enter name" read a I do not want to press enter key i have tried with ascill of enter as (\013) but still it wait for enter , please resolve my problem (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/Search file being written to giving error due to timing issues

The following is a piece of code to rename LOG_FILE_NEW to LOG_FILE once you get a result (either RUNNING or SHUTDOWN) RESULT="" sleep 30 while ; do sleep 10 RESULT=`sed -n '/RUNNING/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` if ; then RESULT=`sed -n '/SHUTTING_DOWN/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` fi done mv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonorous
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalents of tee command to find exit status of command

Hi, Want to log the output of command & check the exit status to find whether it succeeded or failed. > ls abc ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 1 > ls abc 2>&1 | tee log ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 0 Tee commands changes my exit status to be always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Returning exit code from a while read $inputline

Hi searched hi and wide for this with no luck. Maintaining a bash script that #!/usr/bin/bash #does some stuff like setting env etc. f_do_dbwork ... .. #Now I want to exit with the value of $err however $err is re-initialised to 0 on exiting the function Always 0 .... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StevePr
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read exit value from Shell script

Hi all, I have a situation to read exit value of a command (not exit code) and process further. bash-4.2$ returnvalue=`ssh DOMAIN\\\\user1@10.7.7.68 'cmd /c "del C:\Users\user1\db_test.bak"'` Could Not Find C:\Users\user1\db_test.bak bash-4.2$ echo $? 0 bash-4.2$ echo $returnvalue... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit to while read

Hi expert, How do i exit to while read, below is the script. I need to exit after execute echo or command. or any scripts that can search two patterns and if they found any patterns execute the command and exit. Thanks a lot.. tail -fn0 /tmp/test.log | \ while read line ; do ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Pipe -Exit when there are no bytes to read

Hi All, I'm creating a program which reads millions of bytes from the PIPE and do some processing. As the data is more, the idea is to read the pipe parallely. Sun Solaris 8 See the code below: #!/bin/sh MAXTHREAD=30 awk '{print $1}' metadata.csv > nvpipe & while do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies
CREATE_MUNGE_KEY(8)					    MUNGE Uid 'N' Gid Emporium					       CREATE_MUNGE_KEY(8)

NAME
create-munge-key - Create munge key SYNOPSIS
create-munge-key [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The create-munge-key script creates a cryptographic key for munge(8) authentication service OPTIONS
-h Display a summary of the command-line options. -r specify /dev/random as random file for key generation default is /dev/urandom which provide a worst entropy -f Force overwriting existing old key EXIT STATUS
The create-munge-key returns a zero exit code when the key is successfully created. On error, it prints an error message to stderr and returns a non-zero exit code. AUTHOR
Gennaro Oliva <oliva.g@na.icar.cnr.it> SEE ALSO
remunge(1), unmunge(1), munge(3), munge_ctx(3), munge_enum(3), munge(7), munged(8). http://munge.googlecode.com/ MUNGE
2007-03-17 CREATE_MUNGE_KEY(8)