Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to save and execute terminal commands in shell? Post 302761133 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 25th of January 2013 06:55:34 AM
Old 01-25-2013
no, if I logout from root then I could see from
Code:
set -vx

, but if I logout from root I will get permission denied error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell commands in awk script?

Greetings Friends, Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that? say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record Any clues? Thanks, Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
1 Replies

2. Solaris

terminal output - save to file?

I have a window open on my ultra 10 - a terminal window connecting to a server. Is there any way I can log all output to this window to a log file on my ultra 10 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute shell commands with in sftp

Hi All, Please let me know how do I execute some of the shell commands like cat, find ,grep within sftp. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommy1
5 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Help w/ save and executing terminal actions

Hey everyone, Being new to the deeper levels of OS X and UNIX I am hoping the bright minds on the board could push me in the right direction. On a daily basis I work as a CG Generalist (creating 3D for film) and I am using a 3th party render engine with my main 3D program (Autodesk Maya)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SofusGraae
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute commands in individual users' home directories

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script which execute certain commands within certain folders in each user's home directories I started off with a bash script - #!/bin/csh -f su -l cvsusr1 cvs -d /home/cvsadm/repository status But the shell script finishes immediately after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupa_lahiri
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)

I have cygwin installed on windows server and when I do echo $SHELL the output is /bin/bash I have created a ssh tunnel from this windows server through cygwin to ibm -i series which is running Q-shell. I am trying to invoke a utility wsadmin (used for scripting) on ibm-i from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application commands with shell script?

Hi Friends, We have a application "getstatus" which needs to run on application prompt. But it is not working with shell script. Example: Unix Root Prompt# execute "crp" to go to application prompt CRP>getstatus displays output of app health CRP>exit Unix Root Prompt# Script , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)