Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ending Spam and Etc.
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ending Spam and Etc. Post 302760753 by metallica1973 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 02:21:11 PM
Old 01-24-2013
awesome. Many thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ending Mail

hello, I a problem. I would like write script in True64 Unix.see below. last testerkl | head > mailfile.asc wolteru < mailfile.asc With the "last" command I get a list when testerkl logged on. And I would like to send this to a user. But how can I write in a "ctrl.-d" and "ctrl.-c" that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File- Ending

Hi folks! I'm new in this forum and in the UNIX-world too!! I've got a real problem: I have to read out datas like name and e-mail-adress from a Windows- Server from the active directory and put this information into a file. This file should be moved (or copied) on a Unix- Server... But I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spikylina
3 Replies

3. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

never ending loop

Guys I have a script like the one below. One script executes another script in a loop. but i want the other script within the main script to be executed only 3 times. the script within the main script again references the main script after its execution. plz help. while } ] do... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ending a script

Hi all, I am trying to end a Menu script. Can people suggest various methods please? At the moment I am doing: quit=n while do ...Code Code Code... read userinput case $userinput in q|Q) quit=y;; esac done But this doesn't seem to work every time, occasionally it will work,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
6 Replies

6. Programming

numeric values ending in 'U'

I am getting back on the C++ programming after many years away. I recently received an SDK that has code like this where numeric values end in 'U'. What does this mean? if ((ptr % 16U) == 0U) return buffer; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneakyimp
3 Replies

7. SCO

File name ending with @

Hi Current SCO Unix 5.05 I see that there are filenames with @ at the end of file name for example in the /usr/lib there is file lpadmin@ what does the @ represent when it is at the end of the file name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested for loop not ending

Hi All, Need help on below script for g in `cat /home/sid.txt` do for h in `cat /home/dev.txt` do symmaskdb -sid $g -dev $h list assign |grep FA |head -1|awk '{print $2}' > tt1.txt done done cat /home/sid.txt ************** 123 235 456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If loop not ending

Hi, The first if loop in the script not ending and going to infinite loop. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -vx lc=1 st_date=$(date "+%Y%m%d") LOGFILE=/home/infa_shared/OM_ftp_transfer.log.$st_date file="/home/infa_shared/OM_WF.log.$st_date" while ]; do if ] then sleep 15 let lc=lc+1 print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
4 Replies