Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep inline use perl
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Grep inline use perl Post 302760397 by PikK45 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 02:11:05 AM
Old 01-24-2013
I believe this is the best way of doing it! Rather writing 10-20 lines of code for this simple task! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline Parameters-Urgent

Can someone tell me how to enter inline parameters with script call? This is a little urgent so some help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Indira (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Printing Inline

Dear friends , The output file of below script Pls#!/bin/sh awk '{ bo = substr($0,13,3) slm = substr($0,150,8) slo = substr($0,175,7) inc = substr($0,97,10)/100 busi = substr($0,83,10) mth = substr($0,39,2) yer = substr($0,35,4) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
2 Replies

3. Programming

Inline function inside Classes

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class A { public: int Getvalue() { return i;} private: int i; }; int main() {} The above code compiles properly in g++ or in any other C++ compiler. BUT, the variable 'i' is used (in 'return i' statement) before it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting for inline input

Hello, I'm not much familiar with scripting, just a little bit. Maybe someone could give an advice how implement my task. It might be in shell or perl. I have linux system where I install Kerberos. Now I have to add user. It's done like this from prompt: 1. run kadmin.local 2. it switches to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

inline code tags

How to add inline tags in the posts? Like in this thread post #4. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

8. Programming

Perl : Inline program to determine file size

Hi, I have 5 files as below $ ll sam* -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Mar 21 06:06 sam3 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Apr 3 22:41 sam2 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 17335 Apr 10 06:07 sam1 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 5 Apr 10 07:53 sam5 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 661 Apr 10 08:16 sam4 I want to list out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl inline replace only on 1st line

I have file file_1.out which contains the data below <tr> MAIL # 1 TO src_1 </tr> <tr><td class="hcol">col_id</td> <td class="hcol">test_dt</td> <td class="hcol">user_type</td> <td class="hcol">ct</td></tr> <tr><td class="bcol">1</td> <td class="bcol">2012-09-20</td> <td class="bcol">A</td>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies
vxvoladmtask(1M)														  vxvoladmtask(1M)

NAME
vxvoladmtask - administer ISP tasks SYNOPSIS
vxvoladmtask abort task_tag vxvoladmtask clear [task_tag] vxvoladmtask list vxvoladmtask [-t time] [-n] monitor task_tag vxvoladmtask set task_tag=new_task_tag DESCRIPTION
The vxvoladmtask utility can be used to perform basic administrative operations on tasks that have been created by the Intelligent Storage Provisioning (ISP) feature of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM). You can use the command to list ISP tasks, to monitor their states, and if required, to cancel tasks. KEYWORDS
abort Cancels the specified ISP task. clear Removes all ISP task objects from the specified task. If no task is specified, this keyword clears all task objects for tasks that have a status of CANCELLED, DONE or FAILED. help Displays information on vxvoladmtask usage. list Lists all ISP tasks. monitor Monitors the specified ISP task. set Renames the tag for an ISP task. OPTIONS
-n Monitors ISP tasks that are newly registered while the program is running, as well as the specified ISP tasks. This option applies only to the monitor keyword. -t time Exits monitoring after time seconds. This option applies only to the monitor keyword. EXAMPLES
List all ISP tasks: vxvoladmtask list Remove the ISP task object with the tag, Task1: vxvoladmtask clear Task1 Cancel the allocator task object with the tag, Task2: vxvoladmtask abort Task2 EXIT STATUS
The vxvoladmtask utility exits with a non-zero status if the attempted operation fails. A non-zero exit code is not a complete indicator of the problems encountered, but rather denotes the first condition that prevented further execution of the utility. SEE ALSO
vxvoladm(1M), vxpool(1M), vxtemplate(1M), vxusertemplate(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxvoladmtask(1M)