Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep inline use perl
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Grep inline use perl Post 302760397 by PikK45 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 02:11:05 AM
Old 01-24-2013
I believe this is the best way of doing it! Rather writing 10-20 lines of code for this simple task! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline Parameters-Urgent

Can someone tell me how to enter inline parameters with script call? This is a little urgent so some help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot. Indira (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Printing Inline

Dear friends , The output file of below script Pls#!/bin/sh awk '{ bo = substr($0,13,3) slm = substr($0,150,8) slo = substr($0,175,7) inc = substr($0,97,10)/100 busi = substr($0,83,10) mth = substr($0,39,2) yer = substr($0,35,4) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
2 Replies

3. Programming

Inline function inside Classes

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class A { public: int Getvalue() { return i;} private: int i; }; int main() {} The above code compiles properly in g++ or in any other C++ compiler. BUT, the variable 'i' is used (in 'return i' statement) before it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

inline redirect stdin

Hi: I have the next script on ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh cd $FUENTES qdesign <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/qtp <<-! \$/opt/cognos/ph843e/bin/quiz <<-! ! ! ! This script is very simple, i want to nest three process quiz into qtp, and this into qdesign. When I run it , i receive the next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ct2marer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting for inline input

Hello, I'm not much familiar with scripting, just a little bit. Maybe someone could give an advice how implement my task. It might be in shell or perl. I have linux system where I install Kerberos. Now I have to add user. It's done like this from prompt: 1. run kadmin.local 2. it switches to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: susja
1 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

inline code tags

How to add inline tags in the posts? Like in this thread post #4. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

8. Programming

Perl : Inline program to determine file size

Hi, I have 5 files as below $ ll sam* -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Mar 21 06:06 sam3 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Apr 3 22:41 sam2 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 17335 Apr 10 06:07 sam1 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 5 Apr 10 07:53 sam5 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 661 Apr 10 08:16 sam4 I want to list out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl inline replace only on 1st line

I have file file_1.out which contains the data below <tr> MAIL # 1 TO src_1 </tr> <tr><td class="hcol">col_id</td> <td class="hcol">test_dt</td> <td class="hcol">user_type</td> <td class="hcol">ct</td></tr> <tr><td class="bcol">1</td> <td class="bcol">2012-09-20</td> <td class="bcol">A</td>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
4 Replies
wracct(1M)																wracct(1M)

NAME
wracct - write extended accounting records for active processes and tasks SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/wracct -i id_list [-t record_type] {process | task} The wracct utility allows the administrator to invoke the extended accounting system, if active, to write intermediate records representing the resource usage of a selected set of processes or tasks. For tasks, a record_type option is also supported, allowing the administrator to request the writing of: o an interval record, which reflects task usage since a previous interval record (or since task creation if there is no interval record), or o a partial record, which reflects usage since task creation. The following options are supported: -i id_list Select the IDs of the tasks or processes to write records for. Specify id_list as a comma- or space-separated list of IDs, presented as a single argument. For some shells, this requires appropriate quoting of the argument. -t record_type Select type of record to write for the selected task or process. For tasks, record_type can be partial or interval. partial is the default type, and the only type available for process records. The following operands are supported: process Treat the given ID as a process ID for the purposes of constructing and writing an extended accounting record. task Treat the given ID as a task ID for the purposes of constructing and writing an extended accounting record. Example 1: Writing a Partial Record Write a partial record for all active sendmail processes. # /usr/sbin/wracct -i "`pgrep sendmail`" process Example 2: Writing an Interval Record Write an interval record for the task with ID 182. # /usr/sbin/wracct -t interval -i 182 task The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. 3 Pertinent components of extended accounting facility are not active. /var/adm/exacct/task /var/adm/exacct/proc Extended accounting data files. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ acctadm(1M), attributes(5) 13 July 2005 wracct(1M)