Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Explanation for the variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Explanation for the variable Post 302759833 by bmk on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 01:36:10 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Explanation for the variable

Hi,

In the script, it's declared as like that. Please explain this one.

Code:
 pk.flags.summaryGrep=Timing

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK explanation

Hi, Could anyone please explain why we have arr=1 - what does this statement do? awk -F\; 'FNR==NR{arr=1;next};$3 in arr' core.txt gmrd.txt Any help appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penfold
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr explanation please

how does below tr command replace nonletters with newlines? I think I understand tr -cs '\n' part.. but what is A-Za-z\' <--- what is this?? tr -cs A-Za-z\' '\n' | -c --complement -s, --squeeze-repeats replace each input sequence of a repeated character that is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr explanation please

how does below tr command replace nonletters with newlines? I think I understand tr -cs '\n' part.. but what is A-Za-z\' <--- what is this?? tr -cs A-Za-z\' '\n' | -c --complement -s, --squeeze-repeats replace each input sequence of a repeated character that is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

need explanation

Hi am having a c pgm. It has the include files (unistd.h,sys/types.h,win.h,scr.h,curses.h,stdarg.h and color.h). I don't know the purpose of these include files. will u plz explain me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mari.kb
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need explanation of script

Hi All, Can anybody explain what this script is doing? #!/bin/sh who | cut -d " " -f1 | sort -u > userlist1 while true ; do sleep 60 who | cut -d" " -f1 | sort -u >userlist2 for username in `cat userlist1` ; do if ! grep "^$username$" userlist2 > /dev/null ; then echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable explanation

What does this part in the following code ? if ; then $t shows some time values for getting the response, but why .$t and what does the . after the != t=$(time -p wget --quiet --post-data='username=xxx&password=xxxx&id=xxxxxx' --no-check-certificate --output-document=/tmp/sms-status_out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locutus01
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In need of explanation

Its great someone provided this script that strips out a filename and extension but can someone explain how each line works? file1='Jane Mid Doe.txt' newfile='Jane.txt' 1) ext=${file1##*.} 2) filename=${file%%.???} 3) set -- $filename 4) newfile="1.$extension" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lillyt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation on egrep

Hi all I am new to egrep can someone please explain me what does the below Statement do egrep -v "^missing sales|^\ Thanks in advance Sri Please use next time code tags for your code and data (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If statement explanation

Could anyone please advise what the in the following if statement means? if ; then Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need explanation

Hi, I need more explination on it, how it works abcd="$(echo "$abcd" | sed 's/ //g')" >> ${LOGFILE} 2>&1 can any one suggest me on this? Rgds, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok
1 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)