Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX sed/awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AIX sed/awk Post 302759675 by Yoda on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 05:57:59 PM
Old 01-22-2013
Can you set OFS and re-try?
Code:
awk -FS='\t' '$1=="ssh"||$1=="emagent"{sub("prohibit","aix",$NF);}1' OFS='\t' /etc/pam.conf

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -r problem in AIX

Hi All, I have one doubt in the AIX. I executed the below command in the LINUX but i could not execute same thing in the AIX. Please see the details of my issue in below. # cat test line 1 (one) line 2 (two) build=test line 3 (three) # sed -r 's/build=\w+/build=new_build/' test line 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX Korn shell sed -s problem

In a Korn shell script I have, cat ../header | sed -e 's/flag1/$cnumb/g' > header.txt The header is short {{Company flag1}} But the result in header.txt is {{Company $cnumb}} The value of $cnumb is 120. I am trying to get the value of $cnumb into the header. I have tried /'$cnumb'/g,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcarrott
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for modify hour in a crontab AIX

Hi, I want to modifiy the hour in the crontab AIX 5.3 for this line: Input: 00 22 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 Output: 30 20 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 With the awk or sed function through a ssh -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED on AIX Limitation

Hello, I have a problem running a script created in ksh for Linux (Tested on Debian 5.0, Ubuntu Server 10.04 and RHEL 5.1), it works properly. :b: I trying to pass it to a AIX 5.3. :wall: The problem is the character limit of 256 on a command system and SED. I need to cut the contents of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis.spa
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run Sed in AIX

Hi All, I've wrote a script to truncate newline characters in a text file. Could you please help me in figuring out the issue :confused: for file in $Filelist; do echo $file; FileName=`basename $file`; sed 's/^M//g' $file> "${file}"2; mv "${file}"2 "${file}"; sed '1d' "${file}"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate for sed -i in AIX

Experts, At the moment I am working in AIX box where sed -i is not available. My requirement is as below Two files file1 and file2. file1 contains the IP address, its count. file2 contains the Hostname and its corresponding IP address. I would like get the IP address replaced with the apt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX pam ssh/sshd configuration not allowing sed or awk

This is a weird problem. Following is my code. /opt/quest/bin/vastool configure pam sshd /opt/quest/bin/vastool configure pam ssh cat /etc/pam.conf | \ awk '$1=="ssh"||$1=="sshd"||$1=="emagent"{sub("prohibit","aix",$NF);}1' OFS='\t' > /etc/pam.conf cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | \ sed -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inconsistent behaviour of sed - UNIX AIX 5.3

Hi there. I'm facing a strange & an intriguing behaviour with sed while replacing the tab character with a space reading from a file. It randomly works sometimes but mostly doesn't work. Below is what's happening- <tab> here is the actual literal tab. user1> cat temp2 1<tab>2<tab>3 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak.Dhami
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX sed use space as delimiter

I am trying to do this with one small tweak. I would also like to use a space as a delimiter. sed 's/ */\ /g' file This is what my file looks like. server1, server2, server3 server4 server5 server6 I would like it to look like this. server1 server2 server3 server4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
pam_allow(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					      pam_allow(5)

NAME
pam_allow - PAM authentication, account, session and password management PAM module to allow operations SYNOPSIS
pam_allow.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The pam_allow module implements all the PAM service module functions and returns PAM_SUCCESS for all calls. Opposite functionality is available in the pam_deny(5) module. Proper Solaris authentication operation requires pam_unix_cred(5) be stacked above pam_allow. The following options are interpreted: debug Provides syslog(3C) debugging information at the LOG_AUTH | LOG_DEBUG level. ERRORS
PAM_SUCCESS is always returned. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Allowing ssh none The following example is a pam.conf fragment that illustrates a sample for allowing ssh none authentication: sshd-none auth required pam_unix_cred.so.1 sshd-none auth sufficient pam_allow.so.1 sshd-none account sufficient pam_allow.so.1 sshd-none session sufficient pam_allow.so.1 sshd-none password sufficient pam_allow.so.1 Example 2 Allowing Kiosk Automatic Login Service The following is example is a pam.conf fragment that illustrates a sample for allowing gdm kiosk auto login: gdm-autologin auth required pam_unix_cred.so.1 gdm-autologin auth sufficient pam_allow.so.1 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libpam(3LIB), pam(3PAM), pam_sm(3PAM), syslog(3C), pam.conf(4), attributes(5), pam_deny(5), pam_unix_cred(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam(3LIB) are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. This module is intended to be used to either allow access to specific services names, or to all service names not specified (by specifying it as the default service stack). SunOS 5.11 25 Aug 2005 pam_allow(5)