Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reference of hash (Perl)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reference of hash (Perl) Post 302759271 by guruprasadpr on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 02:30:27 AM
Old 01-22-2013
You need to store the data structure a little differently. To know, how it is done in this, just uncomment the line "print Dumper \%datalog".

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use Data::Dumper;

$\="\n";

my $curr_pair="";
my $ipadrnm="";
my %datalog;
LINE:while (my $line = <DATA>){
         chomp ($line);
         if ($line =~ m/^(NameOfipaddress)\s*(.*)/){
           $datalog{'IP'}{$2}={ };
           $curr_pair=$2;
           next;
         }
         if ($line =~ m/^(ipAddress_1)\s*(.*)/){
           $datalog{'IP'}{$curr_pair}{$1}=$2;
           next;
         }
         if ($line =~ m/^(ipAddress_2)\s*(.*)/){
           $datalog{'IP'}{$curr_pair}{$1}=$2;
           redo LINE if ($line =~ m/^(NameOfipaddress)\s*(.*)/);
         }
     }

#print Dumper \%datalog;
my $cnt=1;
foreach my $ipname (sort keys%{$datalog{IP}}){
        print 'IP_PAIR : ', $cnt++;
        print "NameofIpAddress : $ipname ";
        foreach my $ipadr (keys%{$datalog{IP}{$ipname}}){
                print "$ipadr : $datalog{IP}{$ipname}{$ipadr} ";
        }
        print "";
}

On running this:

Code:
IP_PAIR : 1
NameofIpAddress : ippair_1
ipAddress_1 : 192.168.200.1
ipAddress_2 : 192.168.200.2

IP_PAIR : 2
NameofIpAddress : ippair_2
ipAddress_1 : 192.168.200.3
ipAddress_2 : 192.168.200.4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hash in perl

Hi Help me with some good links of Hash with in Hash .(Multidimensional hash).. Regards Harikrishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash of hashes : how to print reference and its internal structure?

#use perl 5.8.5; my %h1=(a=>'b', c=>'d'); my %h2=(a1=>'b1', c1=>'d1'); my $R1=\%h1; my $R2=\%h2; my %h= {$R1, $R2}; my $href=\%h; # hash of hashes foreach my $key (keys %$href){ print "Z::$$href{$key}\n" } When I am trying to print elements of hash of hashes, it prints HASH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shristi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl reference

Hi all, I have a reference named $test. it points to the data structure as follows 'test' => }, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: accessing reference to variable inside hash.

Below is hash which contains reference to variables: my %mandatoryFields = ( 1 => \$msgtype, 2 => \$switchtype, 3 => \$card_nbr, 4 => \$natv_tran_type_code, 5 => \$amt_1 ); This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)