Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding unique values in a hash (Perl) Post 302758275 by jdilts on Friday 18th of January 2013 05:02:11 PM
Old 01-18-2013
Finding unique values in a hash (Perl)

Hi,

I have a hash with unique keys associated with some data.

Code:
my %FINALcontigs = (
        'mira_rep_c765:119reads**', 'ctctactggaagactgac',
        'mira_rep_c7454:54reads**', 'atggatactgcgctgttgctaactactgga',
        'mira_rep_c6803:12reads**', 'atcgactggatgcagggttgtggtttcta',
        'mira_rep_c1661:6reads**', 'ctctactggaagactgac',
    );

Notice that 'mira_rep_c765:119reads**' and 'mira_rep_c1661:6reads**' have the same value. I need to find which keys have matching values. What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl-extract data from hash values

Hello, I have parsed an xml file using perl to get the hash values and the output looks like this $VAR1 = { 'RT' => { 'List' => { 'String' => ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structure - Non unique values

I have the perl data structure and what i need to do is find all values in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'D'}} which are not there in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'M'}} but seems like i need to put a flag somewhere and i messed up foreach my $order (keys %extractColumns) { foreach my $value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash - using a range as a hash key.

Hi, In Perl, is it possible to use a range of numbers with '..' as a key in a hash? Something in like: %hash = ( '768..1536' => '1G', '1537..2560' => '2G' ); That is, the range operation is evaluated, and all members of the range are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsw
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK, Perl or Shell? Unique strings and their maximum values from 3 column data file

I have a file containing data like so: 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 GREEN 6 2012-01-02 GREEN 7 2012-01-02 BLUE 4 2012-01-02 BLUE 3 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 RED 4 2012-01-02 RED 8 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 YELLOW 5 2012-01-02 YELLOW 2 I can't always predict what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting values of hash in ascending order using Perl

I want to sort values of a hash in ascending order. my %records; for my $value (sort values %records){print $value,"\n";} When I use the above code I get values in this order: 1,10,11,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. But, I need values in my output in this order: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11. Can Someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koneru_18
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing null hash values as a " "?

I'm filling in a table of values for grades. I decided to go with reading into a hash from the files but I'm coming up with an error when printing a value that does not exist. I need to know if I can on-the-fly print a space (" ") or blank in place of the grade. Here's what the output should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl giving unexpected md5 hash values

I am trying to speed up creating a line by line hash file from a huge file using Perl. Here is my current (working but too slow) Bash code: (while read line; do hash=$(echo -n $line | md5sum); echo ${hash:0:32}; done)And here is my Perl code: perl -MDigest::MD5 -le 'foreach $line ( <STDIN> )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
3 Replies
Tie::RefHash(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Tie::RefHash(3pm)

NAME
Tie::RefHash - use references as hash keys SYNOPSIS
require 5.004; use Tie::RefHash; tie HASHVARIABLE, 'Tie::RefHash', LIST; tie HASHVARIABLE, 'Tie::RefHash::Nestable', LIST; untie HASHVARIABLE; DESCRIPTION
This module provides the ability to use references as hash keys if you first "tie" the hash variable to this module. Normally, only the keys of the tied hash itself are preserved as references; to use references as keys in hashes-of-hashes, use Tie::RefHash::Nestable, included as part of Tie::RefHash. It is implemented using the standard perl TIEHASH interface. Please see the "tie" entry in perlfunc(1) and perltie(1) for more informa- tion. The Nestable version works by looking for hash references being stored and converting them to tied hashes so that they too can have refer- ences as keys. This will happen without warning whenever you store a reference to one of your own hashes in the tied hash. EXAMPLE
use Tie::RefHash; tie %h, 'Tie::RefHash'; $a = []; $b = {}; $c = *main; $d = "gunk"; $e = sub { 'foo' }; %h = ($a => 1, $b => 2, $c => 3, $d => 4, $e => 5); $a->[0] = 'foo'; $b->{foo} = 'bar'; for (keys %h) { print ref($_), " "; } tie %h, 'Tie::RefHash::Nestable'; $h{$a}->{$b} = 1; for (keys %h, keys %{$h{$a}}) { print ref($_), " "; } AUTHOR
Gurusamy Sarathy gsar@activestate.com VERSION
Version 1.30 SEE ALSO
perl(1), perlfunc(1), perltie(1) perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Tie::RefHash(3pm)