Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change lv REGION in HDISK1
Operating Systems AIX Change lv REGION in HDISK1 Post 302756963 by bakunin on Wednesday 16th of January 2013 10:02:11 PM
Old 01-16-2013
Changing the region will not give you more space, so most likely your problem will not change at all.

You can move the PPs used by a LV with the "migratepv" command. See the man page for details.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stack region

how can i determine that what percentage of stack region is currently is used? (i am using tru64 unix) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX - create folder in hdisk1 instead

Dear All, I have two h.disks. Please advice for how to create a new folder/directory in hdisk1 instead of the hdisk0? I need to use the folder to store for xmlfiles for my application accessing to read it. Thank a lots. Best Regards, Tom (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwy2020
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How can i take private region backup in veritas

Hello experts, I am using Veritas Volume Manager 5.0. How can i take private region backup and restoration. thanks in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best practice - determining what region you are on

Hello all, I have a question about what you think the best practice is to determine what region you are running on when you have a system setup with a DEV/TEST, QA, and PROD regions running the same scripts in all. So, when you run in DEV, you have a different directory structure, and you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rediranch
4 Replies

5. Programming

Single semare critical region problem???

Hi guys, I hope everybody is doing fine. I have written this small program which solves the critical region problem. Only on of the two threads can make changes to a common variable called counter. I am using two semaphores, is it possible to write the same program using only one semaphore? Here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Region between lines

How can I find the regions between specific lines? I have a file which contains lines like this: chr1 0 17388 0 chr1 17388 17444 1 chr1 17444 17599 2 chr1 17599 17601 1 chr1 17601 569791 0 chr1 569791 569795 1 chr1 569795 569808 2 chr1 569808 569890 3 chr1 569890 570047 4 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a command to change the port region

portsuf=25 port=20925 I need to replace 09 with 25 It should be like 22525. Can some please help with command or script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
4 Replies

8. Programming

Merge two strings by overlapped region

Hello, I am trying to concatenate two strings by merging the overlapped region. E.g. Seq1=ACGTGCCC Seq2=CCCCCGTGTGTGT Seq_merged=ACGTGCCCCCGTGTGTGTFunction strcat(char *dest, char *src) appends the src string to the dest string, ignoring the overlapped parts (prefix of src and suffix of dest).... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
30 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mean score value by ID over a defined genomic region

Hi, I would like to know how can I get a mean score value by ID over a defined genomic region. Here it is an example: file1 12 100 103 id1 12 110 112 id1 12 200 203 id2 file2 12 100 101 1 12 101 102 0.8 12 102 103 0.7 12 110 111 2.5 12 111 112 2.8 12 200 201 10.1 12 201 202... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
7 Replies

10. AIX

Help with replacing hdisk1

Hello, I have a P-series running AIX 5.3 and hdisk1 is failing. hdisk0 and hdisk1 are mirrored rootvg. My question is, I have an expansion cabinet that has two disks in it that I believe have never been used. I want to replace hdisk1 with one of the unused disks. (hdisk36 or hdisk37) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DanCampbell
1 Replies
XIntersectRegion(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					       XIntersectRegion(3)

NAME
XIntersectRegion, XUnionRegion, XUnionRectWithRegion, XSubtractRegion, XXorRegion, XOffsetRegion, XShrinkRegion - region arithmetic SYNTAX
int XIntersectRegion(Region sra, Region srb, Region dr_return); int XUnionRegion(Region sra, Region srb, Region dr_return); int XUnionRectWithRegion(XRectangle *rectangle, Region src_region, Region dest_region_return); int XSubtractRegion(Region sra, Region srb, Region dr_return); int XXorRegion(Region sra, Region srb, Region dr_return); int XOffsetRegion(Region r, int dx, int dy); int XShrinkRegion(Region r, int dx, int dy); ARGUMENTS
dest_region_return Returns the destination region. dr_return Returns the result of the computation. ds Dy move or shrink dx dy Specify the x and y coordinates, which define the amount you want to the specified region. r Specifies the region. rectangle Specifies the rectangle. sra srb Specify the two regions with which you want to perform the computation. src_region Specifies the source region to be used. DESCRIPTION
The XIntersectRegion function computes the intersection of two regions. The XUnionRegion function computes the union of two regions. The XUnionRectWithRegion function updates the destination region from a union of the specified rectangle and the specified source region. The XSubtractRegion function subtracts srb from sra and stores the results in dr_return. The XXorRegion function calculates the difference between the union and intersection of two regions. The XOffsetRegion function moves the specified region by a specified amount. The XShrinkRegion function reduces the specified region by a specified amount. Positive values shrink the size of the region, and negative values expand the region. SEE ALSO
XCreateRegion(3), XDrawRectangle(3), XEmptyRegion(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XIntersectRegion(3)