Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to set password for file using vim in Linux/redhat? Post 302755353 by kuddusrhce on Saturday 12th of January 2013 05:22:22 PM
Old 01-12-2013
RedHat How to set password for file using vim in Linux/redhat?

Hello All,

I have one query is "How to set the password for file using vi utility in linux.
Please reply to my queries. I am waiting for reply.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks.
Kuddus Shaikh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Force Password Change...RedHat 7.1

Hello, I just finished adding a bunch of new users to the linux servers I administer. I add users either via command line or via linuxconf, but I can't seem to find out how to force users to change their passwords on their first login to the system. Anyone know how to do that? My HP-UX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need solaris /etc/default/fs equivalent file in redhat Linux

contents of /etc/default/fs file in solaris are @:/root !ksh less /etc/default/fs LOCAL=ufs i want to retrieve same LOCAL variable in redhat Linux... any1 knows path of corresponding file in Linux? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
0 Replies

3. Solaris

need solaris /etc/default/fs equivalent file in redhat Linux

contents of /etc/default/fs file in solaris are @:/root !ksh less /etc/default/fs LOCAL=ufs i want to retrieve same LOCAL variable in redhat Linux... any1 knows path of corresponding file in Linux? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
3 Replies

4. Linux

linux/redhat ENT non expiring password

Hi All, Is this true on the command "chage"? Passing the number -1 as MAX_DAYS will remove checking a password on -M parameter. Thanks for any comment you may add. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[ASK] Redhat NTP Set up

Hi, I would like to set up NTP locally in my servers and client locally. I have no internet connection, what I want to do is all my servers synchronized to one server. lets say I have 5 servers, so 1 of this will be act as a master while the rest is client. I only want those clients to get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flekzout
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Inode number changes for a file in Redhat Linux

Hi, I have created a file abc.log in Redhat Linux. Inode number for a file get changes every time i update the file using vi editor. Is there any setting that can be made , such that inode number never gets changed? Or if we cannot restrict from inode number getting changed , is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

password change for user on Redhat 5.6

Hi expert, after creating users on Redhat, i wantn to change their password with something that easy to remember and the way we use. For example #passwd username hello$123 it don't allow me. It may has something to do /etc/pam.d/filesXXXX there which i don't know to change to allow root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

9. Linux

Inode number changes for a file in Redhat Linux

Hi, I have created a file a.txt in Redhat Linux. Inode number for a file changes every time i update the file using vi editor , gedit etc. Is there any setting that can be made , such that inode number never changes as that is supposed to be the expected behavior? Or if we cannot... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: srirammanohar
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim remote without password

Hello, i would like to use vim to edit remote file like this : vim scp://user@host//path/file The problem is that i have to type the password every time i save the file (:w). That not only annoying, that make that process totally useless. How to process please ? Thanks ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
2 Replies
xcb_query_tree(3)						   XCB Requests 						 xcb_query_tree(3)

NAME
xcb_query_tree - query the window tree SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Request function xcb_query_tree_cookie_t xcb_query_tree(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_window_t window); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_query_tree_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_window_t root; xcb_window_t parent; uint16_t children_len; uint8_t pad1[14]; } xcb_query_tree_reply_t; Reply function xcb_query_tree_reply_t *xcb_query_tree_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_query_tree_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); Reply accessors xcb_window_t *xcb_query_tree_children(const xcb_query_tree_request_t *reply); int xcb_query_tree_children_length(const xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply); xcb_generic_iterator_t xcb_query_tree_children_end(const xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. window The window to query. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_QUERY_TREE. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). root The root window of window. parent The parent window of window. children_len The number of child windows. DESCRIPTION
Gets the root window ID, parent window ID and list of children windows for the specified window. The children are listed in bottom-to-top stacking order. RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_query_tree_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_query_tree_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_query_tree_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
This request does never generate any errors. EXAMPLE
/* * Displays the root, parent and children of the specified window. * */ void my_example(xcb_connection *conn, xcb_window_t window) { xcb_query_tree_cookie_t cookie; xcb_query_tree_reply_t *reply; cookie = xcb_query_tree(conn, window); if ((reply = xcb_query_tree_reply(conn, cookie, NULL))) { printf("root = 0x%08x ", reply->root); printf("parent = 0x%08x ", reply->parent); xcb_window_t *children = xcb_query_tree_children(reply); for (int i = 0; i < xcb_query_tree_children_length(reply); i++) printf("child window = 0x%08x ", children[i]); free(reply); } } SEE ALSO
xcb-requests(3), xcb-examples(3), xwininfo(1) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_query_tree(3)