Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to run commands at a specific time. Post 302755261 by bartus11 on Saturday 12th of January 2013 10:53:46 AM
Old 01-12-2013
Code:
man crontab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run a few commands help!

Hi friends this is first post i am very new to shell scripting so i require your expertise to do the following thank u I need to write a shell script which will run the following commands pg_dump bank > backup(Enter) Wait for bash prompt to appear coz it indicates that the command is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
23 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run several commands at a time

Hello guys, I am new at shell scripting and I want to create a script that runs several commands at a time, ie: uptime, w, df -h and so on and send the output of this commands to a text file so it can be send via email at a certain time using crontab. Any help will be much appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run Command in Specific Time ...

Guy's I want to make script to run this command solevel every Saturday at 8:00 clock exactly . Can you please help me and teach me how to do this ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IT Helper
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run commands within a script on certain days

Hi, please advise a script, something like this: If ; then do something else ( or for any other day of the week ) do otherthing fi Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] script how to run 2 commands simultaneously

#!/bin/sh firefox index.html firefox secondpage.html hey guys, im not able to open up two pages at the same time... it always open up index.html first, and only after i close it, then the 2nd page pops up... is there any way i can run both commands at the same time? i appreciate any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funnyguy123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

specific number jobs run at the same time

Hi, I have more that 100 jobs I can run background, if I want only 4 running at ther same time, how can I write a script to control it? Thanks peter (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To run 5 commands at the same time with process from a list

I have many command is list in the variable lists,each command will run a very long time, so I want to run 5 commands at the same time with process till it complete run all the command, lists="aa bb cc dd xx gg blabla zz ......." ( a very long list) can some one point me the codes? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Commands Run on Specific Date

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find out what commands were run on a specific date. I'm looking to see if I can find certain commands that were run on 3/4, today is 3/10...? Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in Advance, Matt ----------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press

Hi, I have been trying to do a small fun project for myself. I want to run a command for 45 seconds. And to get the final output of this command, the script requires I push the "q" key on my keyboard and then the final output file becomes available. I tried the following script. But it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies
service(8)						      System Manager's Manual							service(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script in as predictable environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT. The supported values of COMMAND depend on the invoked script, service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS it to the init script unmodified. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, TERM The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton, update-rc.d(8), init(8), invoke-rc.d(8). Jan 2006 service(8)