Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logfile Reading
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logfile Reading Post 302754955 by SivaAfi on Friday 11th of January 2013 01:18:35 PM
Old 01-11-2013
Sorry....put wrong output

Thanks for the quick response.

I put the incorrect output out there.
Here would be the output
Code:
<XMLStuff>
	<Input>
        <XMLDate>121108045631</XMLDate>
		<Field1></Field1>
					<Field2>123456</Field2>
					<Input2>
					  <Field3>1234</Field3>

</Input2>
				</Input>
         <Input>
         <XMLDate>121109045631</XMLDate>				
					<Field1></Field1>
					<Field2>8910</Field2>
					<Input2>
					  <Field3>1234</Field3>

</Input2>
				</Input>
			</XMLStuff>

Last edited by Corona688; 01-11-2013 at 04:59 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a logfile

Hi experts, I need help to sort a big logfile. logfile: ------- 67712 dkjd jd jj jjjj ------ kjkj jhjh kkk yggg lll hhh gffgf jj -------- i kkk kllkkl ------- Now I want every think between the "------" in one line. Normaly with paste no problem but you can see that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logfile

hi iam new of the ksh script.iwant in formation of how to call in logfile in ksh scripts. if the meaning in ksh. please help me thanks naveen.g (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

logfile parsing

I thought I was pretty handy with awk until I got this one. :) I'm trying to parse a log file where the events could have different delimiters (2 scripts is ok), the errors are spread over multiple lines, and I"m trying to figure out how to not read the same lines that have already been read. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linkslice
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

looking for string in logfile

I have a shell script that used to look for a particular sting in the last line of a log file. Howeve this string now has moved to the 3rd or 4th line from bottom. Can anyone point me to how i easiest chage this one to look within the last frew lines (5 or so) for the particular string rather... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjlinux
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

writing to a logfile

I cannot get anything to go to my log. This is what i see on my screen when i run my korn shell. cd ok, cwd=/export/home/tsp_inst/TSP pget: /nas4/edata/tsp/rawdata/test2.gz: File exists But i cant get it to write it to my log. cd /this/is/my/newdirectory lftp -e 'pget -c -n 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyngsboro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and removing lines from logfile

Hello everbody. I'm trying to write a ksh script to find errors inside a logfile. But the main problem I found is that the "Logfile.txt" will got new lines very often. The software generates about 1000 lines per hour. (yes, ~24000 lines/day) "Logfile.txt" (with just very few lines) #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: killuayoukai
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Logfile

Hi, I need to continuously monitor a logfile to get the log information between a process start and end. the logfile look like this abcdddddddddd cjjckkkkkkkkkkkk abc : Process started aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb abc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byorg
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading string and adding the values in the final logfile

Dear all, I have small script which seems to be working but seems to have some bug. It suppose to read commonTxt and then print the noOfLines in outputFile. It is working for most of the txt but unable to add some of the variables values. Can somebody please spend looking at the thread and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logs from logfile

Hi Team, Have to write a shell script to pick only 1 hr logs from the generated logfile and send it to other logfile. Thanks & Regards, Indu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)