Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check whether file is processed in a control file list Post 302754761 by manojg9 on Friday 11th of January 2013 05:00:36 AM
Old 01-11-2013
Check whether file is processed in a control file list

I've a list of files which got processed in Target table A and stored in a control file(list of control files).
I've want to trigger another process (later) based on this list of files and load into Target table B and continue running this process until this file list is exhuasted.
How do I come to know whther there are no more files to process in 1st process so that I can trigger the 3rd process(which will extract data from B into a file and ndm).

Thanks
Manoj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check whether list file present in TXT file exist or not

Hi All, I have txt file which has list of files. I have to check whether these files exist or not. Thanks supriya (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check latest time where theres the word 'processed' in logfile

Hi, Im doing a project to check the latest time with the word 'processed' in a logfile. the time range is within 2 hours before the curent datetime to present. For example: Current datetime is 'October 6 2009 8:00AM' --- HKT So the time range that need to check is from 'October 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: romanne
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to check the /etc/default/kbd file on a list of SUN servers

Hello, I want to create a shell script that would check the file "/etc/default/kbd" for the entry KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate on a list of SUN Solaris servers. If this entry is not uncommented (without #) then I should get a message/error report for the host which does not have the setting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File processed in Unix had issue open using notepad

Dear all, I had a columned based file after processed from my script. In unix platform, my file is ok, with all columns sorted out nicely. But when i open in windows notepad, the columns are running out of order. Can some one help?? Thanks alot in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymeyaw
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and control params in parsing file

Hello, I would like to control and check the right parameters $1 must have 4 alphabetics digits among eora qora pora fora $2 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 11 $3 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 59 $4 must have 10 characters alpha numerics as 2013-02-26 For example : In case 5) if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check and control params in parsing file

Hello, I would like to control and check the right parameters $1 must have 4 alphabetics digits among eora qora pora fora $2 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 11 $3 must have 2 numerics digits 00 to 59 $4 must have 10 characters alpha numerics as 2013-02-26 For example : In case 5) if i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file processed Completion

Hi, I have a wierd requirement where i need to check for a file transfered to my Server and once it is completed i need to start processing my jobs. My server is AIX 6.0 and i want to know is there some way in unix i can keep on checking the file and once it is completed successfully i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File lines starts with # not processed or exclude that lines

I have requirement in my every files starting lines have # needs to be not processing or exclude the that lines. I have written a code like below, but now working as expected getting ERROR" line 60: 1 #!/bin/sh 2 echo ======= LogManageri start ========== 3 4 #This directory is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File lines starts with # not processed or exclude that lines from processing

I have a file like below #Fields section bald 1234 2345 456 222 abcs dddd dddd ssss mmmm mmm mmm i need do not process a files stating with # I was written code below while read -r line do if then echo ${line} >> elif then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
3 Replies
dpkg-trigger(1) 						    dpkg suite							   dpkg-trigger(1)

NAME
dpkg-trigger - a package trigger utility SYNOPSIS
dpkg-trigger [option...] trigger-name dpkg-trigger [option...] command DESCRIPTION
dpkg-trigger is a tool to explicitly activate triggers and check for its support on the running dpkg. This can be used by maintainer scripts in complex and conditional situations where the file triggers, or the declarative activate triggers control file directive, are insufficiently rich. It can also be used for testing and by system administrators (but note that the triggers won't actually be run by dpkg-trigger). Unrecognized trigger name syntaxes are an error for dpkg-trigger. COMMANDS
--check-supported Check if the running dpkg supports triggers (usually called from a postinst). Will exit 0 if a triggers-capable dpkg has run, or 1 with an error message to stderr if not. Normally, however, it is better just to activate the desired trigger with dpkg-trigger. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. OPTIONS
--admindir=dir Change the location of the dpkg database. The default location is /var/lib/dpkg. --by-package=package Override trigger awaiter (normally set by dpkg through the DPKG_MAINTSCRIPT_PACKAGE environment variable of the maintainer scripts, naming the package to which the script belongs, and this will be used by default). --no-await This option arranges that the calling package T (if any) need not await the processing of this trigger; the interested package(s) I, will not be added to T's trigger processing awaited list and T's status is unchanged. T may be considered installed even though I may not yet have processed the trigger. --await This option does the inverse of --no-await (since dpkg 1.17.21). It is currently the default behavior. --no-act Just test, do not actually change anything. EXIT STATUS
0 The requested action was successfully performed. Or a check or assertion command returned true. 1 A check or assertion command returned false. 2 Fatal or unrecoverable error due to invalid command-line usage, or interactions with the system, such as accesses to the database, memory allocations, etc. ENVIRONMENT
DPKG_ADMINDIR If set and the --admindir option has not been specified, it will be used as the dpkg data directory. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), deb-triggers(5), /usr/share/doc/dpkg-dev/triggers.txt.gz. 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 dpkg-trigger(1)