Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding DSN for MySql
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding DSN for MySql Post 302754663 by Anupam_Halder on Thursday 10th of January 2013 11:42:41 PM
Old 01-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinajith
Did you check MySQL Manual
hey cool man. I am very new to mysql as well. But this will help Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for adding a table in mysql with 10,000 lines ... pls help

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I need to write a shell script in sql to add 10,000 lines of data in a table . Pls help guys :) ---------- Post updated at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ---------- guys please help !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinumahalingam
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Test new DSN connection to sql server

I installed an odbc driver and created a DSN to connect to a sql server database on AIX 6. I want to know how to test the DSN from the command line. What syntax or commands do I use? ---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:26 AM ---------- OK I figured out how... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jdbrown239
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format

Hi All , I am new to programming and here is what i am trying to achieve , i am taking a list of mounted filesystems (based on the HLQ) , passing it on to a txt file and then copying the file to a DSN .The code i am using : df | grep WAST.*WASCFG.*ZFS | awk '{print $2}' | sort -o log.txt |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjanM
5 Replies

5. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)