Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed to add text in new line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to add text in new line Post 302754081 by jamilzain on Thursday 10th of January 2013 02:57:42 AM
Old 01-10-2013
thx all...
awk is working ..
Code:

awk '$0=="cron"{$0=sprintf("%s\n%s",$0,"nfsd");}1' filename

Code:

awk '$0=="cron"{$0=sprintf("%s\n%s",$0,"nfsd");}1' filename>filename1

love U all | warpiece

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed.. Add new line after finding text

I know that this my be really simple, but I'm having a hard time accomplishing it. I am trying to add a new line of text after finding a particular string of text in a file. Here's what I'm getting: sed: command garbled: N/search_string/\\new_text/ I was using "N" to add a line after the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: douknownam
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help (remove line::parse again::add line)

Aloha! I have just over 1k of users that have permissions that they shouldn't under our system. I need to parse a provided list of usernames, check their permissions file, and strip the permissions that they are not allowed to have. If upon the permissions strip they are left with no permissions,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malumake
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text cut between two $ in a line with SED

Let's say I have a line like that: I want to cut out numbers between two $ including $s. The result should be like that: I am so-newbei. I am non-stop reading about SED since yesterday and not a programmer. I know that it is a short period, thus maybe I had overlooked something. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: l_p
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed - add text to start of line if 1st char anything but space

Problem: I have a lot of files, the files first line should always have 4 spaces before any text. Occasionally some of the files will miss the leading spaces and it's a problem. This is only in the first line. So if there are 4 spaces then text, do nothing. If there are not 4 spaces, add 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add after line x new text from file

I've been playing with sed, trying to get it to insert the contents of somefile.txt after line 13 on anotherfile.txt. I tried searching for a line with regex and attempting to insert something on the next line with: find ./anotherfile.txt -type f -exec sed -i -e '/^dog/cat/' {} \; but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add text into the last line of text file

I need help with insert text to the last line of text file with echo command I know can do something like echo "i4\n$logtext\n.\nwq" | ex -s $file can insert to first line, but how can i change this code in order to insert to the last line of text file? please help, thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To add a new line with specific text after the pattern is found using sed

hi guys, im trying to add the following line in my xml file <dbrollbacksegs <oa_var="s_db_rollback_segs">NOROLLBACK</dbrollbacksegs> when ever i find the following line <dbsharedpool oa_var="s_dbsharedpool_size">300000000</dbsharedpool> I have succedded till adding a new line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify exact text and then add a blank line above it using sed?

I need to identify the exact text of San Antonio Generator Running in the output my script which lands to a text file. Once SED finds the specific text, I need it to insert one line above the matched text. Here is what I have so far that isn't working all that well for me. Any help would be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the line to previous line in | delimited text?

Hi All, I am new to Unix and I have one challenge and below are the details. I have pipe delimited text file in that data has span into multiple lines instead of single line. Sample data. Data should be like below for entire file. 41|216|398555|77|provided complete NP outcome data ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narasimhasss
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/grep: check if line exists, if not add line?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to speed up the following as I want to use multiple commands to search thousands of files. is there a way to speed things up? Example I want to search a bunch of files for a specific line, if this line already exists do nothing, if it doesn't exist add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)