Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help with Bash - comparing directory contents with list of files Post 302752853 by Iced_R on Monday 7th of January 2013 03:53:20 PM
Old 01-07-2013
Wow, I didn't knew that. Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message trying to list contents of directory

I'm getting this return whenever I try to do anything on a directory root# ls -al /directory ls: .: Value too large to be stored in data type. total 0 I can change directory down two levels but can not list contents of the root of this directory. ANy one seen this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sallender
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing files to contents of a file

Hi I have a problem trying to run a while statement. I have files under one directory that i need to compare to a value in filex and update that file with the result files in the directory are DFC1. DFC5. DFC345. DFC344. DFC9. The program i am trying to run will take the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SummitElse
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list contents of directory

I want to list the contents of a directory, but I do not want to use the ls, is there another way?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carl_vieyra
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing contents of files

Hi, I hav two files a1.txt and a2.txt, a1.txt contains: --------------- asdev ebcdev .... a2.txt contains: --------------- asdev ebcdev prod .... a1.txt will be updated by a process,.. now i want to compare two files and i want to see data which is not in a1.txt am i clear....?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to list a directory's contents?

Hey guys! I'm so glad I found this site, I've had so many questions and have been left alone for roughly a year scanning man pages but It's just not quite cutting it for some things. So, I often like to list directories when browsing around my local machine, a friend's machine, or my web... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbilheimer
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of directory contents

Well I did a search and didn't anything for my specific case. I got a directory with a bunch of text file. All of them have the following pattern on the filename "ABCD_<As of Date>.txt" Example: ABCD_20110301.txt ABCD_20110302.txt ABCD_20110303.txt All I want to accomplish is a Korn... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shark Tek
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find duplicates contents in a files by comparing other files?

Hi Guys , we have one directory ...in that directory all files will be set on each day.. files must have header ,contents ,footer.. i wants to compare the header,contents,footer ..if its same means display an error message as 'files contents same' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading contents of files from a directory

I have a directory with the files, 1st: I want to Diplay each filename, underline it 2nd: Display the contents under the filename and 3rd: Redirect the above content to other file 4th: Remove the files from the directory #!/bin/ksh for i in $( cat $a/b/c.txt ) do echo "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
convuser(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       convuser(8)

NAME
convuser - convert user profile information between BASE and ENHANCED formats SYNOPSIS
/usr/tcb/bin/convuser -a [-c] [-i] [-n] [-u] [-R] [-U uid] [-M] [-T template] [-[qv]] [users] /usr/tcb/bin/convuser -b [-T template] [-[qv]] [users] /usr/tcb/bin/convuser -d [-n] [-M] [-[qv]] [users] /usr/tcb/bin/convuser -H FLAGS
-a Converts from BASE to ENHANCED authentication format. This option is incompatible with the -b and -d options. If none of -a, -b, or -d have been supplied, then -a is implied by any of -c, -i, -n, -u, -R, or -U. -b Converts from ENHANCED to BASE authentication format. This option is incompatible with the -a and -d options. The conversion in this case is bring any compatible passwords from the extended profile back to the BASE profile. -c Causes the conversion for -a to create new extended profiles only. If the -c option is given, existing extended profiles will remain unchanged. -d Removes any extended profiles which do not still have corresponding BASE profiles. -i Cause the conversion for -a to invalidate the encrypted password field in the BASE profile if the change to the ENHANCED profile is successful. -n Cause the -a and -d conversions to include NIS passwd.byname map entries in the list of BASE profiles for consideration. -q Cause non-error output to be suppressed. -u Cause the -a conversion to leave the migrated passwords still usable. The default is to pre-expire them. -v Cause more verbose reports of progress to be given. -M Work on NIS master map files rather than the local profiles. This option works on NIS master hosts only. -R Cause newly-created extended profiles to be written only to the /tcb/files directory tree (v4 only). -T template Causes the creation of new extended profiles to use user template as the template for the account default values. Causes the con- version for -b to consider only accounts with template as the associated account template. -U uid Causes newly-crated extended profiles with UID values less than uid to be written to the /tcb/files directory tree (v4 only). -H Cause an extended usage message to be given and no other processing to be performed. DESCRIPTION
The convuser utility is used to provide migration between BASE and ENHANCED security levels, as well as to provide support for the use of existing account-creation scripts. The most common uses are to clean up dangling extended profiles (those without corresponding BASE pro- files) after the removal of the base profiles, and to create new extended profiles to correspond to newly added base profiles. EXAMPLES
To remove dangling profiles: # convuser -d # convuser -Md To finish the addition of new accounts on a system using NIS to supply the extended profile information: # convuser -iu # convuser -Miu To finish the addition of new accounts on a system using NIS to supply the extended profile information: # convuser -iun RELATED INFORMATION
Files: prpasswd(4), authcap(4) Security delim off convuser(8)