Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ftp showing connected only
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ftp showing connected only Post 302752427 by kamaldev on Monday 7th of January 2013 02:56:54 AM
Old 01-07-2013
Hammer & Screwdriver Ftp showing connected only

hi,

good morning.

Anyone can help me out. A trying to ftp from server A to server B.
from server A to B its working fine but from server B to A, its only showing connected only:

Code:
finap7 #ftp 10.10.10.210
Connected to 10.10.10.210.

I refresh the inetd but nothing is happening.
Please extend your help, why its so.

Thanks

Last edited by radoulov; 01-07-2013 at 05:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to know how many user's connected to ftp and http server

i need to write a program to know how many users are presently connected to my ftp server and http server . i need to keep a count of this and this count should be available to other different software . how to make this GLOBAL so that other softwares can access this count value (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariprasad
7 Replies

2. AIX

How can I get Information about who is connected???

Hello, I'm new here and I come from Germany. At our AIX-ORACLE-System someone has deleted one important file and we'd like to find out who did this, next time. Is there any command to find out who is connected? I'm not trying to find out if it's root, etc., I'd like to get the DNS-Name or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huch
3 Replies

3. Programming

Connected or not connected !

Hello ! I've got a question . I really don't het this point. Let's supose that I have a client connected to a server. I want the server IMEDIATLY know if the client is diconnected . How can I realize this ? :mad: Amd I'm just curios about one thing. I have a server and multiple clients... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: !_30
3 Replies

4. AIX

How do I know to which storage I am connected

Hello everyone. We have a environment where we have DS8K storage and ES800 storage, the way to check to which storage the box is connected is using the LUN ID I get frm " pcmpath query device " command. for ex: 75CXX - DS8K storage 26860 - ES 800 Storage I was told to check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
4 Replies

5. Solaris

file showing 0 byte after ftp from windows to solaris 10 box

Dear All I am trying to put a file from window system to solaris 10 box through ftp, but after connected to solaris 10 through window via ftp, I put a file( its a solaris package) through put command to solaris box. When I checked it on solaris box I get a file having 0 bytes. even I try to put... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Am I Connected?

Be Gentle folks, I am a baby OpenSuSe 11.2 user :-) In windows Vista, there is a world in the systray when you are Internet connected and not just local. I have searched all over for a .RPM for the Network Manager or another packeg in Suse that can show me the same thing or something close. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donmaxwelliii
0 Replies

7. Solaris

FC card showing "Not connected"

Hi there, I have a Sun StorageTek 2501 plugged into a V440 (Solaris 10) via fiber and a crossover cable. This array worked fine for the past year, until I tried to install a second fiber card last night. Both cards came up OK in the OS, but I was no longer able to see my array. I decided to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paidbythehour
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connected time on UNIX

Hello, A question please. Could anyone tell me how to know the connected time for a user on unix ? I'd need to know this information for several days. Is there a command to get it ? Thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
9 Replies

9. IP Networking

Connected to IANA anyway, why?

May someone can answer this. Anytime I ignite my laptop to go online I see via etherape that I am connected to IANA as shown below. Is my provider redirecting me there, the cable under the sea, what is the reason for this? This happened with a pretty normal desktop PC, as well with my ancient... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

10. Programming

Read 1 of 2 keyboards connected

Hi all experts in linux and programming! I want to make work the following setup: 2 usb keyboards connected to a normal x86 One keyboard working as usual in xorg, but I need that the other one doesn't send anything to xorg but instead I want to process its keystrokes with some kind of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SerKan
15 Replies
FTPD(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   FTPD(8)

NAME
ftpd, in.ftpd, setup.anonftp - DARPA Internet File Transfer Protocol server SYNOPSIS
ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/in.ftpd in.ftpd tcpd ftp /usr/sbin/in.ftpd DESCRIPTION
Ftpd is the DARPA Internet File Transfer Prototocol server process. The server uses the TCP protocol and listens at the port specified in the ``ftp'' service specification; see services(5). The ftp server currently supports the following ftp requests; case is not distinguished. Request Description ABOR abort previous command ACCT specify account (ignored) ALLO allocate storage (vacuously) APPE append to a file CDUP change to parent of current working directory CWD change working directory DELE delete a file HELP give help information LIST give list files in a directory (``ls -lA'') MKD make a directory MODE specify data transfer mode NLST give name list of files in directory (``ls'') NOOP do nothing PASS specify password PASV prepare for server-to-server transfer PORT specify data connection port PWD print the current working directory QUIT terminate session RETR retrieve a file RMD remove a directory RNFR specify rename-from file name RNTO specify rename-to file name STOR store a file STOU store a file with a unique name STRU specify data transfer structure TYPE specify data transfer type USER specify user name XCUP change to parent of current working directory XCWD change working directory XMKD make a directory XPWD print the current working directory XRMD remove a directory The remaining ftp requests specified in Internet RFC 959 are recognized, but not implemented. The ftp server will abort an active file transfer only when the ABOR command is preceded by a Telnet "Interrupt Process" (IP) signal and a Telnet "Synch" signal in the command Telnet stream, as described in Internet RFC 959. Ftpd interprets file names according to the ``globbing'' conventions used by csh(1). This allows users to utilize the metacharacters ``*?[]{}~''. Ftpd authenticates users according to three rules. 1) The user name must be in the password data base, /etc/passwd, and not have a null password. In this case a password must be pro- vided by the client before any file operations may be performed. 2) The user name must not appear in the file /etc/ftpusers. 3) If the user name is ``anonymous'' or ``ftp'', an anonymous ftp account must be present in the password file (user ``ftp''). In this case the user is allowed to log in by specifying any password (by convention this is given as the client host's name). In the last case, ftpd takes special measures to restrict the client's access privileges. The server performs a chroot(2) command to the home directory of the ``ftp'' user. In order that system security is not breached, it is recommended that the ``ftp'' subtree be con- structed with care; the following rules are recommended. ~ftp) Make the home directory owned by ``ftp'' and unwritable by anyone. ~ftp/bin) Make this directory owned by the super-user and unwritable by anyone. The program ls(1) must be present to support the list com- mands. This program should have mode 111. ~ftp/etc) Make this directory owned by the super-user and unwritable by anyone. The files passwd(5) and group(5) must be present for the ls command to work properly. These files should be mode 444. ~ftp/pub) Make this directory mode 755 and owned by the super-user. Create directories in it owned by users if those users want to manage an anonymous ftp directory. ~ftp/pub/incoming) Optionally create this directory for anonymous uploads. Make it mode 777. The FTP daemon will create files with mode 266, so remote users can write a file, but only local users can do something with it. The script setup.anonftp can be used to create or check an anonymous FTP tree. SEE ALSO
ftp(1). BUGS
The anonymous account is inherently dangerous and should avoided when possible. FTPD(8)