Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automatic User Creation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automatic User Creation Post 302752315 by JerryHone on Sunday 6th of January 2013 06:59:24 PM
Old 01-06-2013
So, you're incrementing the linecount and then using that to as an argument for the 'head' command, which will then return that number of lines from the top of Usernames - is that really what you want to do? I think that you want the second line on line count 2 - not the first 2 lines!

Why don't you just read the input file line by line and work on each entry in turn...

Code:
while read line
do
     process....
done < Usernames

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automatic time out of user login

I have asked by our security team to implement an automatic time out for user logins after a specified time interval. I have never heard of this feature in Unix before. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this for HP-UX 11i? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
2 Replies

3. Solaris

User creation

Hi all, I want to create one user with full permissions to one directory called /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin. Name for the user Tivoli Thanks & Regards Babu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

4. Solaris

User Creation

i am trying to create a user on solaris 10. it is not taking user name with more than ten characters. which file i need to edit to do this setting. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

User creation

Hi Thanks in advance. How to create a user without useradd command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help with user creation

Hello guys, i have a problem where i cant create a user and here some problem that i encounter. 1. /etc/passwd seems locked. 2. getting this error UX: useradd: ERROR: Cannot update system files - login cannot be created. # useradd -u 47367 -g 1084 -c "user123" -d /local/home/user123 -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brew
2 Replies

7. AIX

User creation

hi seniors i want to create the users like when the user try to login it should not should not promt for passwd is it possible to create users like this please help me (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senmak
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

User creation script

Hi Gems.. I am working out on project of creating a mass user on 100 server. Please help me with script where i can create an user id of new 80 user using shell script Thanks in advance. Indrajit Bhagat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
1 Replies

9. Solaris

NIS user creation

Hi can anyone help me how to create a NIS user by editing the files like Passwd,group, Netgroup,auto.home and Aliases using the "enis" utility? Please do the needful................................ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi@1
4 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD