Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I want a script to view the complete log information of data stage job from UNIX IBM AIX. Post 302751571 by victory on Friday 4th of January 2013 06:44:29 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
echo `touch /home/afuarc2/$i.jobstatus.txt`
for i in INT_SEQ_MST_PLM_RMS_SKU_PACK_000 INT_SEQ_MST_PIM_LEG_ORG_DIV_REG_000 

do
   `dsjob -logdetail SMART $EachLine >>  `
done > /home/afuarc2/JobList.txt

I have prepared the above script to get the log files in home directory.
But I want those files to my mail id.

I tried echo <subject> | mail -v <mail id>.

how to add this command to my script to get the log to my mail id.

---------- Post updated at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:43 AM ----------

can you please help me out.

Last edited by Franklin52; 01-04-2013 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! UNIX AIX IBM C Compiler!

I currently have an IBM AIX UNIX MACHINE WITH VERSION 4 operating system. Already installed is a 3.1.4 version of the C Compiler that comes with the package. For the longest time this software ran fine until we changed our Company server and the IP addresses were changed. Now when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobarob
2 Replies

2. AIX

CPUs information on IBM AIX 4.3

Hi, I would like to know how can i get information like %user %kernel %idle etc for each cpu. Getting the infomation for the complete system cpu usage is given below but can you help me in getting each cpu information from cpu 0 to cpu n-1. Is there any kernel symbol for that and if there is how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Log files to view job executed in Autosys -- Help ASAP

Hi all, I really need your help ASAP on this. Below is the description of my problem and a sketch of Autosys Job Activity Console ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ File View Options +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Job Name Description Status Command Machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakal_woman
1 Replies

4. AIX

Migrating from HP Unix to IBM AIX 6.1

HI , We are in process to migrate from UNIX to AIX 6.1 version . I need to understand differences between commands that are used in UNIX and AIX. I want to make sure AIX has all command options avaliable from HP Unix.If any mismatch it should be addressed . Since many commands are used it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job is not working in the desired manner on IBM AIX

Hi, I have created a cron job on IBM AIX but it is not working in desired manner ! Here are the steps which I have followed :- #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------ find /some/file/at/the/user/side/test.log -exec cp {}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

AutoSys Job not waiting for script to complete

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this issue...but here goes... I am converting a set of windows jobs from Control-M to AutoSys r11.3. The same command line is being executed in both systems. The Control-M job runs to compltion in about 1.5 hours, waiting for the entire batch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajomarquez
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command/script svn log to get just the files information

Just need the directory name and files changes information in svn log This is my svn log verbose: svn log -v //test/svn/Demo/branches/HelloWorld/Batch --limit 2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r133 | testuser1 | 2013-04-02 18:22:28 -0400 (Tue, 02 Apr... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
22 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data stage - UNIX

HI I am a datastage (ETL) developer , i have sequence and it has got one job to run , by using UNIX / Shell script , i have to find " after running the job in sequence successfully , i need to find whether it has inserted any no of records into the table or not "? both source and targets DB2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sopinti
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the Script from any stage by updating data from Oracle Table.

I have 100 Scripts, each containing 10-15 SQL's in them. Each Script run for 40 mins to 1 hour 30 mins. In the event of Failure in any step, if i re-start the Script, it will start running from the beginning. Which is waste of time. So in order handle this, i made the script to run from the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1992
7 Replies
SGE_SHEPHERD(8) 				      Sun Grid Engine Administrative Commands					   SGE_SHEPHERD(8)

NAME
sge_shepherd - Sun Grid Engine single job controlling agent SYNOPSIS
sge_shepherd DESCRIPTION
sge_shepherd provides the parent process functionality for a single Sun Grid Engine job. The parent functionality is necessary on UNIX systems to retrieve resource usage information (see getrusage(2)) after a job has finished. In addition, the sge_shepherd forwards signals to the job, such as the signals for suspension, enabling, termination and the Sun Grid Engine checkpointing signal (see sge_ckpt(1) for details). The sge_shepherd receives information about the job to be started from the sge_execd(8). During the execution of the job it actually starts up to 5 child processes. First a prolog script is run if this feature is enabled by the prolog parameter in the cluster configura- tion. (See sge_conf(5).) Next a parallel environment startup procedure is run if the job is a parallel job. (See sge_pe(5) for more infor- mation.) After that, the job itself is run, followed by a parallel environment shutdown procedure for parallel jobs, and finally an epilog script if requested by the epilog parameter in the cluster configuration. The prolog and epilog scripts as well as the parallel environment startup and shutdown procedures are to be provided by the Sun Grid Engine administrator and are intended for site-specific actions to be taken before and after execution of the actual user job. After the job has finished and the epilog script is processed, sge_shepherd retrieves resource usage statistics about the job, places them in a job specific subdirectory of the sge_execd(8) spool directory for reporting through sge_execd(8) and finishes. sge_shepherd also places an exit status file in the spool directory. This exit status can be viewed with qacct -j JobId (see qacct(1)); it is not the exit status of sge_shepherd itself but of one of the methods executed by sge_shepherd. This exit status can have several mean- ings, depending on in which method an error occurred (if any). The possible methods are: prolog, parallel start, job, parallel stop, epi- log, suspend, restart, terminate, clean, migrate, and checkpoint. The following exit values are returned: 0 All methods: Operation was executed successfully. 99 Job script, prolog and epilog: When FORBID_RESCHEDULE is not set in the configuration (see sge_conf(5)), the job gets re-queued. Otherwise see "Other". 100 Job script, prolog and epilog: When FORBID_APPERROR is not set in the configuration (see sge_conf(5)), the job gets re-queued. Oth- erwise see "Other". Other Job script: This is the exit status of the job itself. No action is taken upon this exit status because the meaning of this exit status is not known. Prolog, epilog and parallel start: The queue is set to error state and the job is re-queued. Parallel stop: The queue is set to error state, but the job is not re-queued. It is assumed that the job itself ran successfully and only the clean up script failed. Suspend, restart, terminate, clean, and migrate: Always successful. Checkpoint: Success, except for kernel checkpointing: checkpoint was not successful, did not happen (but migration will happen by Sun Grid Engine). RESTRICTIONS
sge_shepherd should not be invoked manually, but only by sge_execd(8). FILES
sgepasswd contains a list of user names and their corresponding encrypted passwords. If available, the password file will be used by sge_shepherd. To change the contents of this file please use the sgepasswd command. It is not advised to change that file manu- ally. <execd_spool>/job_dir/<job_id> job specific directory SEE ALSO
sge_intro(1), sge_conf(5), sge_execd(8). COPYRIGHT
See sge_intro(1) for a full statement of rights and permissions. SGE 6.2u5 $Date$ SGE_SHEPHERD(8)