Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Order of getopts parameters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Order of getopts parameters Post 302751545 by posix on Friday 4th of January 2013 05:59:03 AM
Old 01-04-2013
Try the option and value without space.
Code:
 <script> -p5 -sString

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts takes options for parameters

Here is my post with a question about getopts. I am running korn shell on Solaris 5.8. I am trying to ensure that certain options require a parameter, which is easy enough. I have found that if multiple options are entered on the command line together, but the parameter for one of the options is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: UCD-Randy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

Hi i have part of the scripts below ,getopt for -h or ? not working for me. can anybody tell me if this sytax right or wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh program=$(basename $0) ##################################################################################### function usageerr { RC=1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

using getopts

Is there a restriction on levels of using 'getopts' ? I have several scripts, each of which requires an option as the first parameter . If I call one prg separately it works fine, but when one prg calls another prg and passes the option on the called prg, then the called prg seems not to process... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using getopts

I am having some trouble/questions with getopts that I can't find any solid info on with google I need it to parse things of the syntax of: -r # # # -f -c with as many repeats as possible, and it should catch erroneous commands also, but continue going... my first question is, -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TurboArkhan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

Hey, i need help with the use of getopts in shell script. tried reading a lot online, but found incomplete examples (maybe complete but cudn't make out). PLzz help...explain in deatil plzzz, i am a newbie:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasankaBITS
3 Replies

6. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

7. Programming

Parse parameters with getopts

Hi, this is my problem I have script with two parameters -n name and -s surname. Both have arguments and I want to know how parse these parameters with getopts. When you write ./names -n John -s White it find you all persons, which name is John White, but when you write ./names -n John ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frees
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getopts help

First off, I apologize for my lack of knowledge. I realize my problem will probably seem pretty basic to everyone, but I've been at this for several hours now and I've gotten nowhere. I would contact my professor, but it is too late for that. Anyway, I'm trying to write a function called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unknown50862
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getopts

while getopts v OPTION do case $OPTION in v) echo "Hello" ;; *) exit 1;; esac done Suppose I have script tmp.sh Whose Signature is tmp.sh <fixed_argument> When I run the script with tmp.sh -v "file", it echoes a hello but, when I try the other way i.e, tmp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts with optional parameters

Hi Unix Gurus, i am on learning path of unix, and yet to discover many things. I came across with this requirement where i need to pass parameters but the position of parameters is not fixed so after doing some google search got to know "getopts" can handle that. So here is my code: function... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)