Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about I/O sources
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Question about I/O sources Post 302751353 by santiagorf on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 05:56:56 PM
Old 01-03-2013
thank you!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix sources

hello, i'm looking for the sources of the old, original unices (v3 preferred). could someone point a link? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdarkangel
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sources for Raid Information

All, I have worked with UNIX for quite a while but never with raid. My section has just taken control of 3 servers each with different configurations and all running raids. My question for everyone is can you recommend any books that I can purchase or web sites that deal specifically with how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3grls=1hd8
1 Replies

3. Linux

Kernel sources

I"m installing my ATI card in FC4. I'm going off of instructions that i've found. The firs step says that i need my kernel sources which i've got then it says that i've gotta unpack them so i can make links to the file later. My kernel sources that i've got are .src.rpm I've installed them but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: byblyk
1 Replies

4. Linux

Makefile with sources in diferent folders

Hi guys! I have a problem to create a makefile when using 2 types of sources. Suppose we have sources at master_source folder: - 1.c - 2.c and also we have sources at platform_source folder: - 1.c I really need to use platform_source folder because there is many of them (one folder with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: borzh62
8 Replies

5. SuSE

FAILED during patching kernel sources

Hi all. I have an issue with kernel patching. My system: OpenSuse 10.2, kernel version: 2.6.18.2. I've downloaded the patch from kernel.org - 2.6.26. I've invoked the following command: "patch -p1 -f < patch-2.6.26" (-f - because some files are not exist. to automatically skip this issues).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vourhey
2 Replies

6. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available?

So, I was browsing groklaw.net, and I was surprised to read that Pamela Jones was reading the copyright notices in the UnixWare 7.1.1 source code files... Groklaw - Santa Cruz Listed Novell as Owning the Copyrights in 1999 How can that be? Are the UnixWare 7.1.1 sources available to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pepinox
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Building OpenSolaris from sources

Everyone knows the project LFS (Linux from scratch), it is a book-assembly instructions GNU / Linux from source code. I managed to gather, then my knowledge of GNU / Linux grew, learned many new commands, edit config-files, base packages, kernel, etc. .. Now I would like also to explore... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekon
0 Replies

8. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

9. Programming

Can anyone provide some sources about bank IT

I am working in IT company working for banks.I find hardly to get technology about bank IT on the internet.Consider banks all using Unix, I think I can get some help here. Recommend some sits or books about bank IT will be very helpful!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
0 Replies
fixnt(1)							      Debian								  fixnt(1)

NAME
fixnt - Filter for the Windows NT postscript printer driver. SYNOPSIS
fixnt < BADFILE.ps > GOODFILE.ps DESCRIPTION
The Windows NT postscript driver has a tendency to make broken postscript files, that are incompatible with psutils. fixnt is a filter that fixes these problems, allowing the use of psnup(1). The filter takes the broken postscript file on stdin, and outputs a fixed postscript file on stdout. It has no other form for invocation and takes no options on the command-line. OPTIONS
fixnt takes no options. BUGS
fixnt does not check for NTPSOct94. For a workaround, use a sed(1) command to replace 'NTPSOct94' with 'NTPSOct95', like so: sed 's/NTPSOct94/NTPSOct95/g' This is particularly important for Windows NT 3.5 users. AUTHOR
fixnt was written by Holger Bauer <Holger.Bauer@topmail.de>, Michael Rath <rath@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>, and Akim Demaille <demaille@inf.enst.fr>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to the Authors, but avoid sending large postscript files. Patches are always welcome; send to <bauer@itsm.uni-stuttgart.de>. SEE ALSO
psnup(1), sed(1) a2ps February 2003 fixnt(1)