Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to Archive Files from Subdirectories Post 302751183 by polkan on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 10:55:04 AM
Old 01-03-2013
Code:
tar -xf filenameyouneed.tar -C /

will extract the files to their original location overwriting existing ones

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive all the log files

is there a way to write a script and run with a cron job which archives all the *.log files into .tar.gz. :eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintedwindow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive log files:Urgent Help required

I have no prior knowledge of Unix shell scripting,but my requriment demands to wrie a script that do fallowing things. 1.Delete older than one year log files 2.Moves files in to the directories as YYYYMM wise. 3.If files in $LOGDIR older than n=2 months tar and move them to $ARCHIVEDIR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsx
5 Replies

4. AIX

recursive archive directories and subdirectories

Hi everyone, Maybe this is simple question for many of you, but I get confused.:confused: How to archive a parent directory which contains some subdirectories and some files? I have searched this forum, there are some commands like tar,etc, I tried but can not be implemented in my system.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to select multiple files from archive directory based on the date range

hi all, here is the description to my problem. input parameters: $date1 & $date2 based on the range i need to select the archived files from the archived directory and moved them in to working directory. can u please help me in writing the code to select the multiple files based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbc17484
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script assistance needed - create an archive of INI files

First and foremost - me != unix bubba. Here is the situation. We have a box with data AND settings in the same directory path. (Data files aren't in the SAME directories as settings.) I need a script that generates a tarred-up archive of only the INI files with the directory structure. We... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hindesite
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with running a script on files located in subdirectories

Hello everyone, I'm am a newbie to coding so I am reaching out in hopes that I can get some help from this forum. I am trying to run the script below from a single directory, however the directory has many subfolders. In each of those subfolders is a file, uniquely named to that specific... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azurite
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command/script to archive files older than

I need to find a way to archive all files older than a given date but there are some conditions that are making it difficult for me to find the correct command: Linux based system (RH5) there are multiple layers of directory depth I need to search each file should be tar'd in it's original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KaosJedi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
UPSRW(8)							    NUT Manual								  UPSRW(8)

NAME
upsrw - UPS variable administration tool SYNOPSIS
upsrw ups upsrw -h upsrw -s variable [-u username] [-p password] ups DESCRIPTION
upsrw allows you to view and change the read/write variables inside your UPS. It sends commands via the server upsd(8) to your driver, which configures the hardware for you. The list of variables that allow you to change their values is based on the capabilities of your UPS equipment. Not all models support this feature. Typically, cheaper hardware does not support any of them. Run upsrw with a UPS identifier to see what will work for you. OPTIONS
-h Display the help message. -s variable Specify the variable to be changed inside the UPS. For unattended mode such as in shell scripts, use the format VAR=VALUE to specify both the variable and the value, for example: -s input.transfer.high=129 Without this argument, upsrw will just display the list of the variables and their possible values. Some variables are strings, and can be set to any value within the length limit. Others are enumerated types and can only be set to one of those values. Others may be within an allowed range of values. Refer to the list to know what's available in your hardware. -u username Set the NUT username for the connection to the server. This is optional, and you will be prompted for this when using the -s option if you don't specify -u on the command line. NUT usernames are defined in upsd.users(5), and are not linked to system usernames. -p password Set the password to authenticate to the server. This is also optional like -u, and you will be prompted for it if necessary. ups View or change the settings on this UPS. The format for this option is upsname[@hostname[:port]]. The default hostname is "localhost". UNATTENDED MODE
If you run this program inside a shell script or similar to set variables, you will need to specify all of the information on the command line. This means using -s VAR=VALUE, -u and -p. Otherwise it will put up a prompt and your program will hang. This is not necessary when displaying the list, as the username and password are not required for read-only mode. DIAGNOSTICS
upsrw can't set variables on your UPS unless you provide a valid username and password. If you get "access denied" errors, make sure that your upsd.users(5) has an entry for you, and that the username you are using has permissions to SET variables. HISTORY
This program used to be called upsct2, which was ambiguous and confusing. SEE ALSO
upsd(8), upscmd(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/24/2012 UPSRW(8)