Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating Dynamic Variables from a Flat File Post 302751145 by sjrupp on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 08:54:00 AM
Old 01-03-2013
Thanks for taking the time and posting back! Fantastic!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array in ksh

Hi, Is it possible to create a dynamic array in shell script. I am trying to get the list of logfiles that created that day and put it in a dynamic array. I am not sure about it. help me New to scripting Gundu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gundu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating flat text file (ASCII)

Hi everybody. I need help and I hope someone is willing to help me out here. My wholesale company is currently moving to new software. The old software is running on a UNIX platform. We need to migrate data from the UNIX system, but our former software provider refuses to assist the data... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wdonero
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with sed and flat file variables

Hello All, It has been a loooooooooooong time since I had last used sed but decided to use it for a simple task I have . My goal is to use sed to read variables from a flat file then use those same variables in order to make some subsitutions. However what I am finding is that when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icalderus
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating dynamic shell script

Hello I am trying to create a dynamic ksh script and I have an issue. I have a script a.ksh and it has got the following lines (for example) #!/bin/ksh # trace mode +x : without trace -x : with trace set +xv echo hi, i am going to create a dynamic script now cat >> dynamic.ks <<EOF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundarkumars
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a dynamic array

i want to create an array the array elements are populated depending upon the number of entries present in a data file The data file is created dynamically how to achieve the same thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with creating dynamic tcl displays

I'm fairly new to tcl scripting and could use a little help. I have a simple list file that will be of unknown size (somewhere between 10 to 20 names). I'd like to create a gui that has a checkbutton for each name in the list and a single action button that will do something for all the checkboxes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a dynamic case statement

I'm using the korn shell and trying to create a case statement from the contents of a file that is changed regularly, each line of the file has three fields, eg track1 202.111.111.111 99 room7 222.111.222.333 76 I'm using awk to select each variable. I've been unable to figure out how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading a csv file and creating a flat file

hi i have written a script for reading a csv file and creating a flat file, suggest if this script can be optimized #---------------- FILENAME="$1" SCRIPT=$(basename $0) #-----------------------------------------// function usage { echo "\nUSAGE: $THIS_SCRIPT file_to_process\n"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies
GLSHADEMODEL(3G)														  GLSHADEMODEL(3G)

NAME
glShadeModel - select flat or smooth shading C SPECIFICATION
void glShadeModel( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies a symbolic value representing a shading technique. Accepted values are GL_FLAT and GL_SMOOTH. The initial value is GL_SMOOTH. DESCRIPTION
GL primitives can have either flat or smooth shading. Smooth shading, the default, causes the computed colors of vertices to be interpo- lated as the primitive is rasterized, typically assigning different colors to each resulting pixel fragment. Flat shading selects the com- puted color of just one vertex and assigns it to all the pixel fragments generated by rasterizing a single primitive. In either case, the computed color of a vertex is the result of lighting if lighting is enabled, or it is the current color at the time the vertex was speci- fied if lighting is disabled. Flat and smooth shading are indistinguishable for points. Starting when glBegin is issued and counting vertices and primitives from 1, the GL gives each flat-shaded line segment i the computed color of vertex i + 1, its second vertex. Counting similarly from 1, the GL gives each flat-shaded polygon the computed color of the vertex listed in the following table. This is the last vertex to specify the polygon in all cases except single polygons, where the first vertex specifies the flat-shaded color. Primitive Type of Polygon i Vertex Single polygon ( i == 1) 1 Triangle strip i + 2 Triangle fan i + 2 Independent triangle 3i Quad strip 2i + 2 Independent quad 4i Flat and smooth shading are specified by glShadeModel with mode set to GL_FLAT and GL_SMOOTH, respectively. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is any value other than GL_FLAT or GL_SMOOTH. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glShadeModel is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_SHADE_MODEL SEE ALSO
glBegin, glColor, glLight, glLightModel GLSHADEMODEL(3G)