Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Input data control (need some adviced from other people) Post 302749803 by solaris_user on Saturday 29th of December 2012 01:46:42 PM
Old 12-29-2012
Question Input data control (need some adviced from other people)

This is the situation. I'm in doubt where to integeate some functions for taking user input which then must be transfered in the production database.

I usually tend put everything in frontend application so database can be just a database, no other functions except storing and fetching data on demand.

I'm writing application for warehouse department and I need to integrate some business rules into new information system and I need some opinios before proceeding further.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

I need your input apple people.

I am looking at buying a new laptop in the next week or two. I want to know, would you reccommend the Ibook G4 800mhz or the powerbook G4 with 1 gig. basically, I will not be video editing or anyhting llike that. I just want it for dekstop features, i.e. email, web browsing what not, I do a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxwarrior
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keep alive packet for control session in ftp data transfer

I'm new to UNIX. We are using SunOS5.9. In order to maintain the control session active during large file tranfers in ftp, i like to send keep alive packets for every 10 seconds.I like to know the steps to be done to achieve this. Please help me guys.Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unwanted control character in the input

Hi Shell Scripting Experts, I have a shell script running daily on a remote machine through ssh. To avoid the trouble of restarting the script when ssh disconnects, I use screen (a unix tool) and run the script within a screen session. What this script does is to ask the user to input y or n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeff_cen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to take input from file, match on it in file 2 and input data

All, I am trying to figure out a script to run in windows that will allow me to match on First column in file1 to 8th Column in File2 then Insert file1 column2 to file2 column4 then create a new file. File1: 12345 Sam 12346 Bob 12347 Bill File2:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darkoth
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachment and body : mailx , waiting for input , signal Control D

Hi, I am trying to send email with attacment and body using "mailx" (cat body.txt; uuencode attach.txt) | mailx -s "Attachment" abc@xyz.com When i type this command, the shell is still waiting for me to enter something in standard input and press control D before it sends a mail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliaszero
2 Replies

6. AIX

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected

/tmp/man18809436: Invalid file system control data detected Help me what do I do? Если знаете русскии, пишите на нем. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islily
2 Replies
XtAppGetErrorDatabase(3)					   XT FUNCTIONS 					  XtAppGetErrorDatabase(3)

NAME
XtAppGetErrorDatabase, XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText - obtain error database SYNTAX
XrmDatabase *XtAppGetErrorDatabase(XtAppContext app_context); void XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText(XtAppContext app_context, char *name, char *type, char *class, char *default, char *buffer_return, int nbytes, XrmDatabase database); ARGUMENTS
app_context Specifies the application context. buffer_return Specifies the buffer into which the error message is to be returned. class Specifies the resource class of the error message. database Specifies the name of the alternative database that is to be used or NULL if the application's database is to be used. default Specifies the default message to use. name type Specifies the name and type that are concatenated to form the resource name of the error message. nbytes Specifies the size of the buffer in bytes. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppGetErrorDatabase function returns the address of the error database. The Intrinsics do a lazy binding of the error database and do not merge in the database file until the first call to XtAppGetErrorDatbaseText. The XtAppGetErrorDatabaseText returns the appropriate message from the error database or returns the specified default message if one is not found in the error database. SEE ALSO
XtAppError(3), XtAppErrorMsg(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtAppGetErrorDatabase(3)